Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: www.jailbreakme.com not working?

Did you try recently? I had been trying all day from work (Att dsl) and via cellular. It didn't work. When I came home I took out my sim and used home wifi and it worked right away.

I did not get any error when trying from home.
    Last edited by jmco173; 2010-08-16 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ya I had the same I was just playing around with what I can downgrade and what I can't doe,nt work on4.0 but works on 3.1.3and 4.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.0.1 and tried again, JailbreakMe successfully worked for me on iPhone4

Quote Originally Posted by gogo8675309 View Post
    I just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.0.1 and tried again, JailbreakMe successfully worked for me on iPhone4
    It worked for me about 15 mins ago!!!

I guess it's a random luck thingy. I just tried to hit retry like 15 times but no joy. Gonna keep on trying.

Try this.

Make sure you type in "WWW" in the front.

http://www.jailbreakme. Com
    Last edited by devilpupv; 2010-08-17 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devilpupv View Post
    Try this.

Make sure you type in "WWW" in the front.

Index of /
    Yeah. I'm using that URL format. www.jailbreakme. com (without the space) but still invalid file. Do I need to restore again?

Try resetting network settings

This is a common issue for 3gs owners. Tried on ipod t2, it worked perfectly..

same issue just restored to 4.0.1 on my 3GS.Ran jailbreakme.com error message "file recieved was invalid"
    waiting to see what happens if indeed it's a server issue!

Just seen this on the Internet, may well be that apple has successfully got ISP's to block the actual server which allows you to run the jailbreakme pdf exploit. read below
    Three blocks jailbreakme.com for iphone users - The Inquirer
    Last edited by ngeoffrey; 2010-08-17 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by devilpupv View Post
    Try resetting network settings
    Tried resetting everything but still no go. What the hell is wrong with jailbreakme.com? Howcome some people can access it and some including myself can't?

I have been reading that their are problems with the 3GS

Hurray!!! finally I got thorugh... I'm now once again jailbroken. Thanks for everybody's help.

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    Hurray!!! finally I got thorugh... I'm now once again jailbroken. Thanks for everybody's help.
    Did you essentially just keep trying? I keep getting file invalid errors.

Can you just wait it out? Did anyone have to reset network settings or restore the phone each time you tried?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JChace029 For This Useful Post:

torbo401 (2010-08-17)

just tried it again ... nothing!

I've tried all sort of combination, nothing works... Something is not working for 3g and 3gs devices.

Here is how you can get the jailbreakme.com to work. After spending all day trying to get it to work. This post worked for me. by changing the DNS on your WIFI settings to 8.8.8.8 it jailbroke.
    Cant JailbreakiPhone 3Gs 4.01....whats wrong? - GSM-Forum

Happy reading everyone

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ngeoffrey For This Useful Post:

roflc0pter (2010-08-17)

Quote Originally Posted by ngeoffrey View Post
    Here is how you can get the jailbreakme.com to work. After spending all day trying to get it to work. This post worked for me. by changing the DNS on your WIFI settings to 8.8.8.8 it jailbroke.
    Cant JailbreakiPhone 3Gs 4.01....whats wrong? - GSM-Forum

Happy reading everyone
    I can confirm this method working on my iPhone 4 (4.0.1). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roflc0pter View Post
    I can confirm this method working on my iPhone 4 (4.0.1). Thanks
    does not work for me....still getting "Oops...File received was invalid."

How do I combine ipsw this is hell I,be got about seven files here and don't know how to combine the together

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast