Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No cell reception at home, can I test tethering with the iPhone on my Wireless?

Question No cell reception at home, can I test tethering with the iPhone on my Wireless?
    I'm going on a road trip in the next two weeks and would like to be able to tether my iPhone 3G to my netbook when I really needed to (probably not often). I just jailbroke the phone a couple of days ago. Now, I'd like to test out tethering. If my iPhone itself is on the wireless network at home, will it be a problem in tethering it? (Again this is only for testing. On the road, I'll be in AT&T network.)

===
    Oh, I just installed TetherMe since it's all over the search result on Google. When I went to Settings->General->Network page, I see "Internet Tethering", but the circling dial kept circling (like forever). I don't know if this is because I do not get any cell reception at home, or if it's because my tethering is not working right.

Any insights would be appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I dont tether but afaik TetherMe is native and just works. You dont need to mess with settings.

With MyWi, if I try to create a wireless hotspot while on any wireless network, it will switch over to my 3G. However if I try to USB tether, it will use whatever connection I am currently on. Hope that clears it up for you.