Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak ruins my battery life

Default jailbreak ruins my battery life
    i have a iphone 3gs 4.0.1 jailbroken. i notice the iphone dies at 20%, which is not normal. before it was jailbroken, the battery works fine. i restored to unjailbroken 4.0.1 to confirm the battery issue.

it also takes about 20-30 min for the apple logo to reappear after the battery dies when i plug in the charger. this is not typical, the phone usually boots up within 5 min when it wasn't jailbroken.

it's not the ultrasnow unlocked software, i did not install it.

is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sorry your having issues. Do you have backgrounder installed? Not to pour salt, but I have Vwallpaper and my battery is doing well.

Thanks

Couple months ago before jailbreakme, people didn't care what state the jailbreak was in and just wanted it badly...now that it's out, the suggestion box is full of complaints...

Anyway, restore and setup as new and try jailbreakme again

Make sure u don't update to 4.0.2
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-16 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, I am not complaining. I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issue and have a solution for it.

yes, i have restored it and jailbroken it a couple of times. i also restore to factory firmware a couple of times to make sure my battery hardware isn't defective. i am very solid that it's a software issues that germinates whenever i use jailbreakme.com.

i don't have ultrasnow installed. nor do i have backgrounder installed. i have 3g, cellular data, and bluetooth disabled at all times. i only use wifi and make/receive phone calls.

i made sure there aren't any background apps draining my battery. the problem fixes itself every time i restore back to a unjailbroken iOS. thanks.

Thanks

Have you tried restoring and setting it up as a new phone, instead of from backup?

yes. i also re-downloaded all my apps instead of syncing them back in.