Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forgot MyWi use ATT tethering for $2 - TetherMe

Default Forgot MyWi use ATT tethering for $2 - TetherMe
    Its out and it is great!!!

It is the option on the phone that asks you to call ATT or go onto account settings. Now tethering is so much easier without Rock or MyWi. Go purchase this!!

TetherMe

It looks like it's native!? And it's WAY cheaper than mywi, i'm going to check it out. (I was going to buy mywi yesterday, until I realized how expensive it is).

It works great.

I wish i knew how to edit thread subjects, Firefox did not catch "forget" because it is forgot!!!

ok, i just downloaded it. But it isn't working. I now have the tethering option, and when I connect it to my mac, the pulsating "internet tethering" bar appears... But, i can't actually get the connection on my computer. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by di_nate View Post
    ok, i just downloaded it. But it isn't working. I now have the tethering option, and when I connect it to my mac, the pulsating "internet tethering" bar appears... But, i can't actually get the connection on my computer. Any ideas?
    It is quite simple. You need to sync it via blue tooth. Enable it via Preferences and pair the devices. After you see message on your phone asking if you see the code on your computer hit continue. As it is spinning trying to connect hit "continue". It will say your smartphone has been paired.

After go back to make sure that that tethering is enables and you will get a blue header saying you are tethered. Make sure your Airport is off and you are not connected via USB.

I need to sync it via bluetooth to use to begin with? I have had native tethering before, and I just connected it via USB, and it appeared and started working. I'll try that though, give me a couple min.

ok, I connected it via bluetooth, the blue internet pulsating bar came up as expected. It says it's "connected" in network preferences, but still no connection on firefox..Iv'e tried both bluetooth, and USB, and they both look like they should be working, but no actual connection can be seen.

and I made sure that airport was off...
    Last edited by di_nate; 2010-08-15 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It sounds like you should be good to connect. Try rebooting your device I read that in the instructions. Let me know.

I have rebooted the device many times. and reinstalled the package. I used to have mywi trial version, so maybe that is somehow messing it up? bleh.

alright, I got it working on my sisters macbook really easily, but not my own. There must be something wrong with my settings. But the application works great!

*EDIT* fixed my computer. I just had to copy and paste the network settings from my sisters macbook and hit apply. Works great!
    Last edited by di_nate; 2010-08-15 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sweet deal man im happy for you!! Its awesome!!

There is one annoying thing about this package. When I lose 3g signal it keeps telling me I lost signal. Besides that I am happy I do not need to have anything involved with Rock. I had to restore because of them!!!

Thanks

You can't make your phone a wifi hotspot with this app. That's the main selling point of MyWi.

Thanks

Yup, o use mywi on for my iPad , so this is useless for me..but nonetheless it's cheap

Suposidly there will be a simular app for $2 coming out this week that connect via wifi. I'm waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone565 View Post
    Suposidly there will be a simular app for $2 coming out this week that connect via wifi. I'm waiting for that.
    And it's supposed to be more secure than MyWi. Glad I saw MuscleNerd's update on Twitter before I bought MyWi.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wait what, where and how do i do this ????

edit; never mind i got it !

first post says att but the tetherme i found comes from some where else ?? im confused some help please ?
    Last edited by chizzle187; 2010-08-16 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't understand what you are confused about?

I have ATT, and it works well for me.

What I meant by ATT is it unlocks the ATT lock in settings and now allows you to tether without paying all the extra $$

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't understand what you are confused about?

I have ATT, and it works well for me.

what im sayin is where/how to get it ? thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by chizzle187 View Post
    what im sayin is where/how to get it ? thanks !
    It is in Cydia - Big Boss

DJHamel
    Glad I came across this Thread, I was very close to buying MyWI... But this works just as well!!! Thank you!

I will gladly pay a couple bucks for this feature! Better then Paying ROCK...
    Last edited by DJHamel; 2010-08-17 at 07:04 PM.

I have rebooted the device many times. and reinstalled the package. I used to have mywi trial version, so maybe that is somehow messing it up? bleh.

alright, I got it working on my sisters macbook really easily, but not my own. There must be something wrong with my settings. But the application works great!

*EDIT* fixed my computer. I just had to copy and paste the network settings from my sisters macbook and hit apply. Works great!
    I'm having this same exact problem... Paired, tethering enabled, blue flashing bar on iPhone, but not connection... Would you mind sharing your settings?

Thnx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast