Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having problems with Cydia

Default Having problems with Cydia
    Hello everyone. I have iPhone running firmware 3.1.3 jailbreaked with redsn0w 0.9.4. Lately I was having some trouble with Cydia adding sources. The other problem that I was having is my iPhone doesn't ring in sleep mode, Wi-fi and You-tube not working. I decided to jailbreak it again so that Cydia can be re-installed fresh without having any error's. I redsn0w it again and I did checked the box Install Cydia. When i completed the process Cydia doesn't show any packages. When Cydia try's to update packages there is some error.

I tried jailbreaking the iPhone running firmware 3.12 with Blackr4in and installing cydia on edge . That's not working for me either.

I can't SSH my iPhone because there is no wi-fi network available where I'm right now.

I read it somewhere that you lose the previously installed packages if you re-install Cydia.

Out of frustration I un-installed Cydia.
    Need your help guys before I do something stupid again.
    Any reply or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should restore fresh and then jailbreak again. Installing Cydia on top of itself can cause issues. That and the fact that you've had problems with wifi and youtube means the best solution is to simply restore.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

You might have to upgrade though... What kind of iPhone do you have?
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Thanks for suggesting.

You should restore fresh and then jailbreak again. Installing Cydia on top of itself can cause issues. That and the fact that you've had problems with wifi and youtube means the best solution is to simply restore
    I did restored it multiple times after I came across this problem, but restoring isn't rectifying the wi-fi or you-tube problem. Now if I install Cydia after restoring fresh the problems occurs still which is - Cydia showing no packages or will not allow to add any sources.

You might have to upgrade though... What kind of iPhone do you have?
    iPhone 2G
    Last edited by idioteque; 2010-08-16 at 05:25 PM.