Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Random apps popping on iPhone 4 after updating an app?

Default Help! Weird icons appearing on IPhone 4?
    Ok so I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and have noticed that after updating an app from the app store 7 apps appear in my home screen, it's also happened once after d/l on from cydia too. Two of them are winterboard(have hidden in settings so it shouldn't be on home screen) the other is Nike+IPod, and then the other five look like blank icons and they are iPod out, AdSheet, DemoApp, WebSheet and TrustMe! Now when I click on any of them the only one that opens is winterboard, all the rest just open a blank black screen. If I turn off and turn my phone back on they disappear. Has anyone else had this problem, does anyone know what could be causing it?
    Last edited by TWOGUNZ; 2010-08-15 at 07:33 PM.

I have had that problem several times I tried to hide them using sb setting no avail but got poof and nit been back since not sure what they are but I do remember sb settings came app form when I had that problem

I just noticed this problem today after restoring 3GS to 4.0.1 and setting up as new.

A reboot seems to fix it. Anyone know what is causing this? Exact same issue with the Nike icon and the WB icon showing up when they shouldn't, plus the same 5 gray icons.

Any new info on this? A respring will fix it (no need to reboot) but still its rather annoying.