Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 brick

Default iPhone 4 brick
    I recently tried to reset my iPhone 4 by pressing the erase all content and settings button. Now my iPhone is stuck on the powering on screen. it's been like this for more than 8hours. Oh, and my iPhone was jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.Please help!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its not bricked, every jailbroken iPhone/iPod/iPad will do that if you do what you did, your gonna have to restore it in iTunes, and hope you saved your SHSH Blobs

Edit: Yay 300 posts

itunes cannot sense if my iphone is plugged in or not, therefore i cannot restore my iphone. Its just stuck on the powering on screen with the apple logo. its been like this for 12 hours now.

You need to hold home and power buttons till it shuts off, plug the USB cable to the phone first, then hold home down and plug into your PC keeping home held until itunes sees it as a device in recovery mode.

Thanks

try putting the phone in recovery mode or DFU mode and try again, if you don't know how to do that there are lots of threads/tutorials on how to do it, just search for them

I tryed doing this and the computer did sense my iphone. thank you so much guys!

Default iPhone 4 brick after reset from iphone
    I just got my iphone 4. I wanted to reset the iphone thru settings on the phone so I could set it up to sync everything from text, contacts, notes, etc. In the process of resetting, it got stuck on the the apple. I have jailbroken and unlock it to see if it works. It did work with t mobile. My last two 3gs did the same thing.... I have tried to put it in DFU mode but screen doesn't stay black instead it reboots again. Firmware is on 4.0. Don't want to restore to the newest firmware cause it can not be unlock yet. Any help is appreciated.

Default Shsh blobs!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    its not bricked, every jailbroken iPhone/iPod/iPad will do that if you do what you did, your gonna have to restore it in iTunes, and hope you saved your SHSH Blobs

Edit: Yay 300 posts

SHSH Blobs???? how do i do that