Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to 4.0.1 iPhone 4 from 4.0.2

The reason why I said it was not possible is because I am in the situation that that user is in now. It is a fact, if your iPhone 4 came from the store with 4.0.2 then you are not going to be able to downgrade. Unless somebody at the factory jailbroke your phone and saved your shsh blobs, it is not possible.
    Also maybe you guys know a way but I sure don't, perhaps you can point me in the direction of a way to save your blobs without jailbreaking. They seem to go hand in hand. Now in the case of myself and the poster I responded to, we would be S.O.L. In the world of jailbreaking our phones until the devs were gracious enough to jailbreak it. Now the speculation on them not jailbreaking goes back to a post they put on the blog about being choosy with giving away exploits. As you said patience is a virtue.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Google tiny umbrella. It is a program that allows you, and tells cydia's servers, to save your SHSH for any iphone, even if not jailbroken. You can also edit your hosts files on your computer to point to cydia's servers during a restore and that will also save your SHSH even if you are not jailbroken. Those are 2 ways you can get SHSH without ever jailbreaking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Trooper Sam (2010-09-05)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Google tiny umbrella. It is a program that allows you, and tells cydia's servers, to save your SHSH for any iphone, even if not jailbroken. You can also edit your hosts files on your computer to point to cydia's servers during a restore and that will also save your SHSH even if you are not jailbroken. Those are 2 ways you can get SHSH without ever jailbreaking.
    Yeah, what he said!

Yeah i did download TinyUmbrella and did the SHSH blobs or what not, added the bottom line to hosts, tried everything there is regarding that, and still the same crappy error 3194 that could not contact or whatever i dont even remember anymore.

So i guess i have to wait for 4.1 or the 4.2 you guys are talking about. If you go to spiritjb.org you can see there it says they might JB on 4.1

Well you shouldn't have had to edit the hosts file with tinyumbrella. It will also tell you what SHSHes sauriks server has for for your device.

Yeah but my phone came out of the Apple Store with 4.0.2

Thanks

If it came with 4.0.2 on it then you are out of luck. You will have to wait for the new jailbreak.

Guys i got an error code (3194) when i tried to restore my iphone 3Gs to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 Wat should i do...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
    Guys i got an error code (3194) when i tried to restore my iphone 3Gs to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 Wat should i do...
    - Download TinyUmbrella
    - Run TinyUmbrella
    - Connect your 3GS
    - Click the "Advanced Options" box
    - In the Device/Firmware dropdown, select "iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)"
    - Click "Save my SHSH"

If it doesn't work the first time, repeat those steps about 10 minutes later. If it succeeds either time, then follow the rest of the instructions in my signature. If it doesn't succeed either time, then you wait until 4.1 comes out.

@Trooper Sam Can u gv me a link whhere i can download tinyumbrella....

Thanks

Thanks, x98car, I just got up

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nothing beats the iPhone.

Thanks

This is old news, no it is not legit, if the downgrade will work it will work without going through all that hoopla. Just check if you have SHSH with tiny umbrella or change your hosts to point to Cydia. If you have SHSH (you may be surprised you have them even if you didnt think you have them) you can downgrade.

Hi I am trying to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 using your guide but iTunes sends the error 3194 which says that my device isn't elegible for the requested build.
    I have an Iphone 4 and I am using the original IPSW file that you told us to download.
    Any help is appreciated.

You have to use tinyumbrella to downgrade. You might as well update to 4.1 and wait for SHAtter jailbreak.
    Just my opinion.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456