Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to 4.0.1 iPhone 4 from 4.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    How do you find clarified and find the firmwares at on itunes. Having suck a big problem with downgrade my iPhone 4
    You can download the firmware from the downloads section of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by apacheindian View Post
    I have mistakenly upgrade my 3gs iphone 4.0.2 and I loose the jailbreak, can i downgrade back to 4.0.1 firmware
    That depends on wether or not you have shsh's saved for 4.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger666 View Post
    I am in this same boat with the 4.0.2; BUT I have my shsh saved on my pc using tiny umbrella? Is there anyway I can downgrade using that?
    Yes you can. Just run TU and click the start TSS server button then shift+click restore to 4.0.1.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-30 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do I downgrade from a regular 8G I phone from 4.02 to 4.01?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

other than OP has anyone taken a iphone4 that came with 4.0.2 and downgraded to 4.0.1 ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Unless the SHSHes were saved you cannot downgrade. All the stories lately of people downgrading without SHSH blobs are false and were able to do it because they had a pending TSS request.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Unless the SHSHes were saved you cannot downgrade. All the stories lately of people downgrading without SHSH blobs are false and were able to do it because they had a pending TSS request.
    Thanks

Since I just received my iphone 4 (last week) I am assuming that it has 4.0.2 on it. powering it up wants me to plug into itunes, can I plug into itunes to confirm the software version without doing anything to it ? current plan is to let it sit on the shelf until JB is available for 4.0.2 or 4.1 (assume I would have to upgrade to 4.1)
    Last edited by LGgeek; 2010-09-03 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Yes, I don't have an iPhone but I'm guessing that you have to plug it in to activate it. It cannot update you without asking you if you're lucky and have 4.0.2. If not hopefully there will be a jailbreak for 4.1 when it comes out next week.

Thanks
    did this method work for anyone who knows for sure they did not have shsh blobs saved?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

This method only worked when apple was still signing 4.0.1, now that they aren't you need SHSH to downgrade to 4.0.1 or earlier. Even if you never think you had SHSH saved you should download tiny umbrella and check to see if you have SHSH saved, you might be surprised

When I try choosing the downloaded firmware (which is saved correctly, shows up as a cube) I click the alt+restore (for Mac) and I choose the firmware. But once it "verifies" it says that "the device is not eligible for the requested build"

what do I do?

If you don't have the SHSHes thats what it'll say. Tinyumbrella will tell you what SHSHes you have for your device whether its a 3.1.x or a 4.0/4.0.1.

I know this is gonna probably sound stupid but i got to ask to get a definite answer. I jailbroke my iphone 4 with jailbreakme.com.. I got an SHSH saved on cydia but never saved it to my computer. I've since upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.02 by accident.. Now my phone isnt JB anymore. Is there any possible way by any stroke of luck am i able to get my SHSH blob off of cydia?

Cydia saves your SHSH blobs to Suariks offsite server. A program called tinyumbrella will allow you to check which SHSH blobs you have. If you have 4.0/4.0.1 you can start the TSS server, download the firmware from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download and shift-restore. Then you can jailbreak.

I need some help downgrading my iPhone 4 that i got today in the morning. It has 4.0.2 and i have tried everything i can and says on different sites and still nothing happens, still get the same error 3194 could not restore when connecting to apple or whatnot.

Ive been at this for the past 4 hours and its now 2:30 AM and i just give up which is why i am posting here. I did the SHSH on tinyumbrella, i mean i have done everything. So please i need some help since i want to JB my phone. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I need some help downgrading my iPhone 4 that i got today in the morning. It has 4.0.2 and i have tried everything i can and says on different sites and still nothing happens, still get the same error 3194 could not restore when connecting to apple or whatnot.

Ive been at this for the past 4 hours and its now 2:30 AM and i just give up which is why i am posting here. I did the SHSH on tinyumbrella, i mean i have done everything. So please i need some help since i want to JB my phone. Thanks
    Not possible, if it was not jailbroken on 4.0.1 you will not be able to jailbreak until 4.1 maybe if the devs are nice.

They won't skip 4.1, they will jailbreak all the firmwares with new features and save the exploits they find in the updated versions for later.

They've been releasing the jailbreak very quickly lately, hopefully I'll be able to jauilbreak right when I get my iPod Touch 4G.

Hopefully, the only thing is 4.2 is right around the corner in November, musclenerd tweeted this the other day

iTunes 10 is safe for JBers+unlockers: DFU mode, syncing, selecting IPSW, all okay (Stay away from 4.1 next week though!)
    web • 9/1/10 10:27 PM
    retweeted by @iphone_dev
    9/1/10 10:35 PM

And chpwn retweeted

Jailbreakers: iOS 4.1 will be released next week. There currently is no jailbreak for it. --- DO. NOT. UPDATE. ---
    TweetDeck • 9/2/10 11:30 AM
    retweeted by @chpwn
    9/2/10 11:44 AM

I can only hope so, this is the longest I have been unjailbroken since the first iPhone released

Yeah my phone was never JB before, as a matter of fact im new to the iPhone community, started yesterday lol.

So for what i have understood, there will be no JB for 4.1 which i understood there was going to be, so now i have to wait till the end of the year to wait for 4.2??

No jailbreak for 4.1 is just pure speculation. Only the dev. has the answer to that and they may wait til 4.2 comes out before the next jailbreak. Only time will tell so until then, patience is a virtue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farrow.zachary View Post
    Not possible, if it was not jailbroken on 4.0.1 you will not be able to jailbreak until 4.1 maybe if the devs are nice.
    Why do so many people say this? It's inaccurate and misleading!

Jailbreaking and saving blobs are two entirely different actions. You don't have to do one in order to do the other. I really want people to get this one straight so as to not confuse the new people.

Quote Originally Posted by farrow.zachary View Post
    musclenerd tweeted this the other day
    (Stay away from 4.1 next week though!)
    web • 9/1/10 10:27 PM
    retweeted by @iphone_dev
    9/1/10 10:35 PM

And chpwn retweeted

--- DO. NOT. UPDATE. ---
    TweetDeck • 9/2/10 11:30 AM
    retweeted by @chpwn
    9/2/10 11:44 AM

I can only hope so, this is the longest I have been unjailbroken since the first iPhone released
    Don't they ALWAYS say not to update when a new firmware comes out? Nothing new there, because they know that for at least a few days following the release of a new firmware, there will be no jailbreak until they can play with the actual firmware instead of the betas and final releases they've been working with. This is their quality assurance time, and there is really no alternative for it.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 2010-09-05 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    Why do so many people say this? It's inaccurate and misleading!

Jailbreaking and saving blobs are two entirely different actions. You don't have to do one in order to do the other. I really want people to get this one straight so as to not confuse the new people.
    You are right. We have to be more specific so less confusions are being more created.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast