Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to 4.0.1 iPhone 4 from 4.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MLDJPD08 View Post
    Can u let me know details how to do this bc I upgraded stupidly.. Thanks in advance
    Download 4.0.1. Hold shift while clicking restore in iTunes then select the fw you downloaded.

Did you two save your SHSHs?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilpupv View Post
    Did you two save your SHSHs?
    Apple is still signing the 4.0.1 firmware, so the SHSHs aren't needed for downgrading at the moment. Though, it's good to store them for future use, even if they downgrade successfully now.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Does this also work for upgrading?
    I have a 3G on 3.1.2 and is jailbroken. I would like to upgrade to 4.0.1 using the above method and had tried it.
    I get the usual error that it cannot be restored and use iRecovery to get out of dfu. Once the iPhone comes back up, it hasn't upgraded to 4.0.1, still on jailbroken 3.1.2.
    One thing that I also noticed that it doesn't take the 10 minutes to upgrade/restore, but less than a minute.

Any help would be appreciated...

when i do this i get an error of [the iphone could not be restored an unknowen error occured (3194)]

i tried 2 different computer and still getting this error. please help.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitxstyle View Post
    when i do this i get an error of [the iphone could not be restored an unknowen error occured (3194)]

You are getting this becuase Apple is no longer signing that FW. Now is when those blobs come into play. Here you go read this.

Error 3194

Downgrade OSX

Downgrade w/ Windows
    Last edited by devilpupv; 2010-08-17 at 10:32 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you run TinyUmbrella on those machines? Check the hosts file if there are any references to gs.apple.com, if there are, delete them or comment them out by putting a # sign in front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Have you run TinyUmbrella on those machines? Check the hosts file if there are any references to gs.apple.com, if there are, delete them or comment them out by putting a # sign in front of the line.
    yeah i did use tinyumbrella on one of the PC.i made sure that there was no gs.apple.com.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devilpupv View Post
    You are getting this becuase Apple is no longer signing that FW. Now is when those blobs come into play. Here you go read this.

Error 3194

Downgrade OSX

Downgrade w/ Windows
    Yeah, the error is usually when Apple isn't signing a specific firmware anymore, the problem here is that 4.0.1 is still being signed, so that can't be the issue.

@rabbitxstyle
    You are using the 4.0.1 firmware, right? Not 4.0

ok so im trying to put my Iphone4 to recovery mode by this why:

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

that did not work, as i hold and hold for a long time with no luck or put up saying that im in recovery mode.

then i try:

Before continuing enter restore mode. One way to do this is disconnect your phone from the computer and turn your phone off. Start iTunes. Hold the home button on your phone and plug it in. Continue holding the home button until iTunes indicates you are in restore mode.

and it show me to connect to itunes.

anyone else have any ideas?

@dhamien:
    yeah im on 4.0.1 and i want to go back to 4.0.
    Last edited by rabbitxstyle; 2010-08-17 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Had 4.01 Jailbroken via jailbreakme.com - help
    Ok, I jailbroke my iphone and ipad on jailbreakme.com and it worked perfectly.

I had Cydia installed and all was good.

Then, I somehow authorized Itunes to update my devices and they ended up at 4.02 minus the jailbreak.

Because I had Cydia installed is it easier to downgrade back to 4.01?

What do I do to get this jailbroke again?

Thanks.

ur using the wrong update u must have 4.0.0 u need 4.0.1 i had the same error then i noticed i was tring to load the wrong file

so just wanna make sure.. can i go back from 4.0.1 to 4.0? im getting confused..

no its 4.0.1 u need . i updated my phone stupidly to 4.0.2 which wiped my jailbreak so i had to downgrade to 4.0.1 when i tried to install 4.0.0 i got the error message and i now know it was because the update was no longer being allowed by apple but they are still alowing the 4.0.1 as far as im aware

have u read all the posts on this thread? for downloading the 4.1 firmware and how to install and change the file extension
    Last edited by tazmageddon; 2010-08-18 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.0 isn't being signed anymore so you can't restore to that without using SHSHs. If you don't know what those are, you likely haven't stored them.

This doesn't matter though, since 4.0.1 is just as good for jailbreaking purposes. So, stay on 4.0.1 and jailbreak that.

arg... ok... yeah i see...

@tazmageddon
    since your on 4.0.1 are you experiencing any slowness with your phone? for example when i click on settings it would take awhile or cydia? this is the only reason i wanna downgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0. but now i know you can. but i just might refresh my phone to 4.0.1 if that makes any sence.

@dhamien
    i did do the shsh for my phone at 4.0 if that would make any different.
    Last edited by rabbitxstyle; 2010-08-18 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@dhamien
    i did do the shsh for my phone at 4.0 if that would make any different.
    Then you need to follow one of the guides for downgrading. I find the article by the maker of Cydia, Saurik, to be nice for both explaining what it's all about as well as how to use the SHSHs. You can find that here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

yeah i have tried to put my phone to recovery mode and its not working.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

that did not work, as i hold and hold for a long time.

sorry if im being a pain in the butt.

When I click on restore while holding shift nothing happens, besides it saying starting restore and it restores it to 4.0.2, What am I doing wrong, the 4.0.1 file is on my desktop and it is .ipws or what ever the correct extension is?

Ok I think I got it, on a Mac it's the option key, not shift.
    Last edited by Darkhrse99; 2010-08-18 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yeah i have tried to put my phone to recovery mode and its not working.

that did not work, as i hold and hold for a long time.

sorry if im being a pain in the butt.
    You're describing how to get into DFU mode. To get into recovery mode, do the following:

1. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. While holding down the home button, connect the phone to the computer. Keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes the phone in recovery mode.

To get into DFU is as you described:

1. Connect the phone to the computer and run iTunes.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold both power button and home button for 10 seconds.
    4. Release power button but keep holding home button for another 10 seconds.

Alternatively you can use RecBoot to get in and out of recovery mode.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

rabbitxstyle (2010-08-18)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast