Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restore and jaikbreakme

Default restore and jaikbreakme
    i have an imac and an iPhone 4 right now it is on version 4.0.1 and it is jailbroken with jailbreakme and i really need to restore my phone because i lost all my music in iTunes somehow and I had to transfer the music back to itunes from my iPhone and when i finally got thru and as I was about to sync it again itunes tell me that it does not recognize my phone and i need to restore it and that the latest version (4.0.2) will be installed on it. so my ? is "is there anyway that I can restore and put my music and all my apps back on and keep it jailbroken and with version 4.0.1...I know I may need to jailbreak it again but how do I restore with version 4.0.1 back on instead of 4.0.2

Thanks

as long as you have your shsh's for 4.0.1 (not sure if apple is still signing it) you can use this method...it is for 3.1.2 but the process is the same for 4.x. Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | OS X

ok thx sounds good and looks easy enuff but...im jus a novice at jailbreaking and all i do is get apps sp this SHSH thing is above my head so wut r SHSHs and how do u save them is my only ? about that.

He said his phone was new iPhone 4. You're talking about iPhone 3GS.aceklub Look at my thread and see if it's
    something u want to try.

Downgrading to 4.0.1 iPhone 4 from 4.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaetanospqr View Post
    He said his phone was new iPhone 4. You're talking about iPhone 3GS.aceklub Look at my thread and see if it's
    something u want to try.

Downgrading to 4.0.1 iPhone 4 from 4.0.2
    it's still the same process with the iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
    ok thx sounds good and looks easy enuff but...im jus a novice at jailbreaking and all i do is get apps sp this SHSH thing is above my head so wut r SHSHs and how do u save them is my only ? about that.
    an shsh is a verification file that iTunes requests from apple to allow a restore to a particular firmware, by saving them it gives you the ability to trick iTunes into thinking that apple replied with an "okay" to restore to a firmware that apple is no longer signing, use tinyumbrella to save your shsh (at this point the only one you can get is 4.0.1 if apple is still signing 4.0.1)
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-08-14 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost