Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-updating 4.01 made cydia+its apps disappear!!!

Default Re-updating 4.01 made cydia+its apps disappear!!!
    iphone 3gs
    FW:4.01 New Bootrom jail broken by jailbreakme.com
    did it before 4.02 release by Apple

My setting was crashing so I decide to re-update to same 4.01 FW to fix the problem, the update went successfully..after reboot did the jailbeakme.com again the download progress was complete the safari crashed(when it suppose to say "sit tight")and its been crashing ever since. As a result I lost Cydia and all of its installed apps along with "Open SSh" and ability to use Winscp or terminal,however all other apps that were already installed are working and the apple boot logo still shows the missing pixel like when it was jail-broken.
    pre confusing hope someone would have an idea what could be the problem or solution.
    Last edited by usit; 2010-08-14 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This forum does not allow discussion about cracked apps. Don't steal.

Revised the text Buddy.

Thanks

when you restored did you setup as new or restore from backup, if you restored from backup then that is probably the problem, always setup as new and not restore from backup when that backup is from a jailbroken phone, as Poseidon said the errors are probably because you were using cracked apps/warez apps so once you restore again and setup as new try buying the apps and I bet you won't have the problems again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

usit (2010-08-14)

I did not do a restore but rather an update over already jail broken phone with exact FW,even if I did restore from back up I dont thinks that would back up and restore the apps but only the general settings and contacts.
    Thanks

Thanks

when you restore from a backup it keeps some of the setting from the jailbreak like custom carrier etc., so yes it causes problems, even updating to same firmware wipes the phone so it still asks to setup as new or from backup

agreed,but after I did the update I did not restore from my backup rather I tried to jailbreak the phone ,it does the download but crashes before "sit Tight"part

Thanks

you can try using the info from the other thread and clear all history, cookies etc. and try again to see if that helps, I remember seeing on twitter where it was recommended doing that if it failed (of course that was on release day when the servers where getting hammered) so I would assume the same applies now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

usit (2010-08-14)