Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me jailbreak a locked 3gs

Default Please help me jailbreak a locked 3gs
    Hi everybody

I have this problem that is EXTREMELY bugging me;
    I'm not stupid but here goes:

Iphone 3GS on 4.0.2
    It is locked and not jailbroken..
    All I want now is to Jailbreak it and I cant just go to jailbreakme.com because I have no WIFI.. I suppose its grayed out because the phone is locked to an american company and now im in canada... trying to jailbreak it so I can get cydia and put ultrasnow..
    When I try to jailbreak it with redsn0w, I get an error message saying that my IPSW cannot be recognized... and I tryed many of them ..
    Please tell me if there's another way of getting Cydia on there without wifi .. or if im doing something wrong what could it be? could there be another way to make the wifi turn on without unlocking it first?
    PLEASE DEAR GOD OH PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I SMASH THIS THING AGAINST THE WALL I'm about to let my crazy nerves go insane..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There is no unlock for 4.0.2 so at the moment you're out of luck unless it's been previously jailbroken and you have your 4.0.1 SHSH on file with Cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

stokedv (2010-08-14)

Thanks for the quick reply
    Can I downgrade to 4.0.1 and try then ? or am i totally out of luck? what are my other unlocking options? I only want to unlock this phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes I think Apple is still signing 4.0.1 I'm not sure..... D= And I don't even know if theres a unlock for 4.0.1 I think Ultrasn0w
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

yes ultrasn0w is the one... is there a way to install ultrasnow without jailbreaking it?

Is there a way for me to manually install Cydia? the only way I knew of is to go to jailbreakme.com is there actually another way of getting cydia into your phone? like a "manual" way?
    Last edited by stokedv; 2010-08-14 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The only way to add Cydia is through a jailbreak. You can attempt to download the 4.0.1 firmware (from our download section).. put your phone in DFU mode.. hold shift and click restore and choose the 4.0.1 firmware you just downloaded.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

stokedv (2010-08-14)