Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke 3G, upgraded to 3GS without jailbreaking, some stuff still jailbroken??

Default Jailbroke 3G, upgraded to 3GS without jailbreaking, some stuff still jailbroken??
    I had a 3G that I jailbroke and unlocked using Blackra1n. Eventually I bought a 3GS, when I got everything backed up and did a restore on my 3GS to get my old settings / contacts, one thing that I modified from my jailbroken 3G is on my 3GS. I changed my carrier name, and it still says what I changed it to instead of AT&T... is there any way I can fix this? I'm having some problems with the USB port and I don't wanna take it in to have it looked at with the carrier name being different (only thing that isn't normal on the phone). Any help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore as new phone .

Won't that erase all my contacts / settings?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You can sync contacts back again.

When you restore from backup it leaves some left over JB strings that the new jailbreak method may not like. It is always suggested to setup as new instead of restore from backup.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Yeah that definitely deleted everything on my phone, including contacts...

When I sync contacts I get nothing.

EDIT: My only theory is that after I upgraded to Windows 7, iTunes changed the way it backed up contacts. It doesn't sync to Outlook anymore, and I never told it a new place to sync.... unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by IronMan569; 2010-08-14 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks

your contacts should still be in outlook, tell iTunes to sync with it and see if you get them back