Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH not working

Default SSH not working
    Hey everyone, I'm trying to SSH into my jailbroken iPhone 4. I've got OpenSSH installed on the phone, and WinSCP on my PC. Both devices are on the same Wi-Fi connection. I followed multiple tutorials, and had no luck connecting; I get an "access denied" error when it tries to connect with the "alpine" or "dottie" password.

1. My settings seem correct (IP as the host name, root/alpine or root/dottie for the login. Also using SCP protocol (tried the default too). Checked SBSettings, and SSH is on.

2. I've tried reinstalling OpenSSH on the iPhone with no luck.

3. I've tried on two different Wi-Fi networks with no luck.

Is there a different password or something for the new iPhone?

Thanks

If you're worried about the password being wrong, install RockApp. Once you launch it, it will detect that you have a default SSH password and offer a super easy and fast option to change it. Now, all I can think of would be your firewall preventing the connection. I get prompted asking if I trust the connection for the first time SSH. If all else fails, there's a way to do tethered SSH....

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    If you're worried about the password being wrong, install RockApp. Once you launch it, it will detect that you have a default SSH password and offer a super easy and fast option to change it. Now, all I can think of would be your firewall preventing the connection. I get prompted asking if I trust the connection for the first time SSH. If all else fails, there's a way to do tethered SSH....
    I don't see anything like that in Rock, I open it and it brings me to the main app/theme homepage. Checked the settings/utilities and saw I had OpenSSH installed, but didn't see any options to change for the app itself

Thanks

Go to Cydia and uninstall Rock. Then reinstall it. It is a one time only pop up when you first launch the app.