Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 4.0.1 crashed and wont reinstall

Default iphone 3gs 4.0.1 crashed and wont reinstall
    I have a i phone 3gs that was running 4.0 the other day it crashed and now every time i go to restore it to the newest version i get an error saying it cannot update because of error #29 i tried all the steps with no luck. Anyone have any ideas to get around this? I don't care if it is jailbroke unlocked normal i just want my phone back it is just stuck on the recovery screen with the icon to plug it into itunes. I also have the newest version of itunes. please help

Thanks

if it is getting almost done with the restore and giving you that error then chances are it has actually restored, use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery and see if the restore was successful

Quote Originally Posted by joeyciphone View Post
    I don't care if it is jailbroke unlocked normal i just want my phone back it is just stuck on the recovery screen with the icon to plug it into itunes.
    If you really don't care about your jailbreak/unlock you could try updating to 4.0.2.

If you have your SHSH files backed up, downgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 and jailbreak/unlock.