Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair Needed: iPhone Cannot Make Or Receive Calls

Default Repair Needed: iPhone Cannot Make Or Receive Calls
    I just got a brand new 4GB iPhone like two weeks ago and the first thing i did was unlock it using wInstaller to jailbreak it and the point to click activation with youtube and the unlock-fast file. Everything was working fine until i opened the unlock file on my phone accidently and then i rebooted it. The signal was lost and then it said no wifi. After that i did a couple things to try to make it work now it just boots to the Activate iPhone screen: connect to itunes and comes up with an error box saying repaid needed: iPhone cannot make or receive calls. Please someone HELP me i think i briked my phone in the 2 weeks that i had it. btw i did all this modding from windows vista running itunes 7.4

I've got the same problem. I don't whta to do!! please help!!

Are you using a case with a magnet in it? If so, stop. I had the same problem and so have a lot of other people.

I got the same problem.. i jailbreak my iphone easy .. and then install anysim.app .. i start the anysim app.. whit all the instrucctions .. and al was fine.. but in the midle of the process it stop and froze .. i wate like one hour and no change.. so i restart the iphone start again and anysim give me a problem so .. i try to do the restore whit the alt trik .. i download the 1.0.2 restore for itunes.. and try to install it.. but tosnt wotk .. then my iphone dosnt recognize the sim.. so if you try to do anything it give you a problem.. because dosnt have the sim. i cant restor it .. i cant use apptapp or independence.. it give me errors. and . if i write the numbers to see my firmware.. its said whit this word "firware" and no number. the screan id apear .. but i cant see the "firware" and if i press the "I" to see the imei or iccid .. it said unknown.. (lol) so i dont know which firmware i got.. i cant see the imei or iccid .. and i have the sign who said .. Repair Needed .. iphone cannot make or recieve calls .
    lets hope our friends of the dev team. find a solution.. those guys are the best!! thx and sorry for my spelling .. i know i know .. very bad!!!

man oh man, I thought I was the only one having this problem. What took you 2 weeks only tool me a few hours. Yes, I got myself an iPhone but live in Europe. I was able to unlock the phone, use the WIFI and do a lot of cool things, until I used iPhoneSimFree to free it from the Apple/AT&T alliance . I rebooted and also had no WIFI, nor did I have any sound. Everything responded very sluggish. I restored to firmware 1.0.2 again, now I have a brick like all of you. Welcome to the club. It seems to be an issue with modem firmware that is somehow locked. I went back to 1.1.1 and made things worse, but found a solution to go back to 1.0.2 again now I'm back to square 1 where I have a brick once again. I think in the next few days a solution will be presented by the dev team. http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks

Tap the i on the screen what is the first 5 numbers of the IMEI?

You guys need to reflash your baseband to 1.0.2 then run anysim to unlock it and your phone will be usable again.

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    You guys need to reflash your baseband to 1.0.2 then run anysim to unlock it and your phone will be usable again.
    Can you point me in a good direction for a guide that will successfully flash me down to 1.0.2 baseband? (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
    Can you point me in a good direction for a guide that will successfully flash me down to 1.0.2 baseband? (Windows)
    Same here please, mine is about as frigged as all of yours aswell!

Please help someone and please bare in mind, we can't access and wifi settings when re-flashing the baseband due us not being able to go past the activation screen.

Danny

I had the same problem.
    This is what I did:

1. Open Itunes
    2. Plug Iphone and press power and menu button until yellow triangle appears.
    3. Itunes asks for restore
    4. Press shift-key and restore button, this will prompt you for the restore file
    5. Restore iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw
    6. Once restored, you will get the activation screen on your iphone
    7. Run AppTappInstaller to 1.0.2.
    8. Run PACAY
    9. Run Ibrickr and install anysim 1.1 and binkit
    10. Run Anysim on your iphone, unlock and enjoy.

same problem here...the phone went back to activation screen and asks repairs needed and cannot make or recieve calls

Default Repair Needed...
    My iphone started to act up the minute it was inserted in the magnetic case. I purchased the Iphone on Thursday and decided to go buy a case for it (i guess bad idea, but I really don't know if that was the cause of this). The iphone was previously unlocked using anySim by someone else. I have been reading all types of stuff and Iam soo tireed and really anxious to find THE answer to this. I cannot do anything on the iphone but turn it on,off, make emergency calls, and look at that st*pid "repair needed" message.

By the way, does anyone know if i would be able to return it to Apple, by just restoring the iphone with itunes and inserting the regular At&T sim. I really am thinking about doing this but not sure if Apple will be able to detect that the iphone was unlocked.
    Last edited by timba04; 2007-10-21 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you send your iPhone in for repair you will receive this email prior to you sending it:

WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the Internet may cause irreparable damage to the iPhone's software. As part of the service process, Apple will update the software on your iPhone to the latest version. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED YOUR IPHONE'S SOFTWARE, YOUR IPHONE MAY BECOME PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE WHEN APPLE UPDATES THE SOFTWARE. Making unauthorized modifications to the software on your iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement, and the inability to use your iPhone due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your iPhone's warranty.

So, when they get your iPhone they will attempt to upgrade it. If it gets bricked = you will not receive a replacement.

i actually updated it through itunes after i first saw the repair needed message. How would apple know it was bricked after they do the update/upgrade, other than the activate iphone screen?

i think you need to flash the baseband with the file "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" then redo all the step again to make it works , need to use the terminal mode to do tat.
    sorry guys and gals i forgot the website which show the step. try search in google abt the "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" .
    Good Luck

Since the wifi is disabled its impossible connecting to iPhone with terminal and ssh....

How to fix "Repair Needed. iPhone cannot make or receive calls"

Hello

I have the same problem and I find the solution after 10Hrs of trying to restore

all you need is to download the new restore file 1.1.3 and restore the phone and will fix all this problem

you can find the new Iphone 1.1.3 update at
    http://iphone.unlock.no/#Start

Good Luck

Rashid Haqbany

May i know what version of iTunes you are using.

I restore my phone to 1.1.3 but problem don't fixed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast