Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3Gs at 4.0.1 Yes or No?

Default Jailbreak 3Gs at 4.0.1 Yes or No?
    I have been reading for hours and my head hurts. I have a 3Gs that was at 4.0.2 and was able to downgrade back to 4.0.1 per instructions I read. I thought once I did that I could jail break it. Now I am reading things saying you cant on the 3Gs?

Bottom line - Can you JB a 3Gs at 4.0.1?

If yes, what do I need? Where is the latest and greatest Redsn0w? Do I use pwng instead? Where is that.. I am new to this and see too many conflicting statements.

Thank you all!

If you are at 4.0.1 just go to Jailbreakme.com. Slide the cursor and you are done my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by devilpupv View Post
    If you are at 4.0.1 just go to Jailbreakme.com. Slide the cursor and you are done my friend.
    That couldnt have been easier! Thank you very much!

Now what?

If I restore a 'back up' to get all my apps and stuff back on will that wipe out the JB? Should I just manually add it all now?

Also, my back up is from when my phone was at 4.0.2 before I downgraded back to 4.0.1. Does the back up care about firmware versions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The back-up is fine.. it only restores contacts, pictures, texts, emails and preference settings.

Well you can google> Top Cydia apps, or just ask google and it will point you in the right direction. I can send you my list of cydia apps if you would like. Also I am pretty certain you can do a back up from a sync. All it does is sync your app settings, contacts emails etc. Nothing with firmware.

Oh and remember to hit the "Thanks!" button on the bottom we appreciate it!