Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 & jailbreak me still possible

Default 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 & jailbreak me still possible
    Hi,

I upgraded my 3.1.2 (older bootrom) via itunes 9.2.1 with 4.0.1 update a couple of days ago. Then ran jailbreakme.com and it worked a treat.

Planned to do the wifes 3.1.3 (new bootrom) freed by Spirit today - now I see Apple updated the hole. There doesn't seem to be a way via pwanage as I don't have the 3.1.2 blobs for downgrade.

However would an itunes update, with the option key and restore to 4.0.1 the ipsw still work? I presume it will want to upgrade to 4.0.2 automatically - but is apple still validating the older ipsw

I presume jailbreakme would then still unlock 4.0.1

Cheers!

No. Apple is not validating the old ipsw. 4.0.2 has been released. If you still want to Jailbreak you will need 4.0.1 and run jailbreakme.com. Hopefully you backed up your shsh files. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

(If this helps please hit the thanks button)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

ourobrs (2012-03-22)

The problem is I don't have Cydia or unbrella 3.1.2 blobs for this phone, so I can't download to 3.1.2

Will we get a Pwanage allowing us to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 because this looks like a blocked route for now?

You can jailbreak the phone on 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com. I am not sure why you are asking for a pwanage tool for upgrading firmware. The reason I mentioned Tiny umbrella is because the new firmware was released by apple 4.0.2. This firmware has not been tested yet to see if it can be jailbroken/unlocked.

(Hit the thanks button if this helps)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

Stincil (2010-08-12)

Is jailbreakme ever going to let 4.0.2 jailbreak because I have that firmware and I can't downgrade so I hope they let 4.0.2 firmware jailbreak from jailbreakme

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stincil For This Useful Post:

Jameswilliam1 (2010-08-13)

It would have to use a different exploit that the PDF one, becuase that is what Apple has patched in 4.0.2. Maybe they have a few in reserve.

What I'm enquiring about is a way to use Pwanage or RedSnow to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0 or 4.0.1. At the moment they only support going from 3.1.2.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Some people are reporting that 4.0.1 is still being signed so downgrade NOW and it may still work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

ourobrs (2010-08-12)

Redsnow does not support the IOS 4.0 or 4.0.1. You have to use jailbreakme.com.

(Hit the thanks button if this helps)

"Some people are reporting that 4.0.1 is still being signed so downgrade NOW and it may still work."

It's on it's way, cmmmmooon computer...!

I can confirm as of 17:41 GMT Apple is still signing a 4.0.1 restore. For a 3.1.3 upgrade, I just did:

1) downloaded 4.0.1 3GS ipsw from dev team trusted links on right
    2) Option key & restore on Mac, choose the downloaded file
    3) Let it update - apple still signs it
    4) AT&T sim to activate or use a phonebook copyer sim
    4) JailbreakMe, slide to jailbreak
    5) ultrasnow from cydia for carrier unlock

Phew, for all you on 3.1.3, with no download blobs, no idea how much longer you have to do this.....
    Last edited by ourobrs; 2010-08-12 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Interesting.. I was read the Dev-Team blog.. I have an iphone 3gs (new bootroom) which I jailbroke with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasnow. Should I presume that I am in no luck of updating to 4.0.1?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, so I did some more in-depth reading. Seems that the jailbreak update 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 through jailbreakme would be fine. So now my question is-- will i need to RE-UNLOCK my phone, or will its unlock status still be active? Again, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sammysalsa8; 2010-08-13 at 12:42 AM. Reason: more reading.

Thanks

I tried upgrading from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 yesterday & it gave me the unauthorized error..=\
    Then tried again got a unknown error "13" got stuck in recovery grr used tinyumbrella to boot it out of that..Have SHSH saved for 3.1.3 up on cydia
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-08-13 at 03:07 AM.

dang.. so, I'm gonna lay off until I hear more success stories.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammysalsa8 View Post
    Interesting.. I was read the Dev-Team blog.. I have an iphone 3gs (new bootroom) which I jailbroke with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasnow. Should I presume that I am in no luck of updating to 4.0.1?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, so I did some more in-depth reading. Seems that the jailbreak update 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 through jailbreakme would be fine. So now my question is-- will i need to RE-UNLOCK my phone, or will its unlock status still be active? Again, thanks in advance.
    you will lose your unlock when you update, you will have to have the phone activated for jailbreakme to work and tyhen you can use ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock again

Quote Originally Posted by ourobrs View Post
    "Some people are reporting that 4.0.1 is still being signed so downgrade NOW and it may still work."

It's on it's way, cmmmmooon computer...!

I can confirm as of 17:41 GMT Apple is still signing a 4.0.1 restore. For a 3.1.3 upgrade, I just did:

1) downloaded 4.0.1 3GS ipsw from dev team trusted links on right
    2) Option key & restore on Mac, choose the downloaded file
    3) Let it update - apple still signs it
    4) AT&T sim to activate or use a phonebook copyer sim
    4) JailbreakMe, slide to jailbreak
    5) ultrasnow from cydia for carrier unlock

Phew, for all you on 3.1.3, with no download blobs, no idea how much longer you have to do this.....
    I hope the first thing you did once you successfully restored to 4.0.1 was use tinyumbrella to get the 4.0.1 shsh's before apple quit signing them
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-08-13 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    you will lose your unlock when you update, you will have to have the phone activated for jailbreakme to work and tyhen you can use ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock again
    So i DO have to re-unlock my phone... dang it. Well does that mean I will lose all my jailbroken apps as well?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammysalsa8 View Post
    So i DO have to re-unlock my phone... dang it. Well does that mean I will lose all my jailbroken apps as well?
    yes you will lose all your cydia apps, there is an app called aptbackup (I think) that will back up your cydia apps

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    yes you will lose all your cydia apps, there is an app called aptbackup (I think) that will back up your cydia apps
    ok just downloaded the aptbackup.. thanks!