Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is "Make my life easier" button?

Question Where is "Make my life easier" button?
    Hi all
    I have used Tiny umbrella to save my SHSH.
    I am trying to help my friend who doesnt have access to his computer.
    His phone is jailbroken on 4.0.1 but havent save his shsh.
    Is the button hiding anywhere?

Thx

The first time you JB your phone and open cydia it gives you the option to do it.

I haven't had to do it following updates, but I'm not sure if that's because I've used custom firmware.

It's too late to save 4.0.1 already though, so hopefully it's already saved?

When you open Cydia, does it state whether any of his SHSH are already saved? There's a good chance if he's already JB.

UPDATE: I just saw on another thread that apple are still signing 4.0.1 so you need to find a computer quickly and use tinyumbrella to back up his SHSH. Cydia doesn't do it immediately I don't think.

That is assuming he didn't already "make my life easier"
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-08-12 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Once cydia is saving your SHSH it continues to do so. You hit make my life easier once and thats it, from then on you dont need to do it again because cydia does it for you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    Once cydia is saving your SHSH it continues to do so. You hit make my life easier once and thats it, from then on you dont need to do it again because cydia does it for you.
    I got a question, I saved my 4.0, and 4.0.1 blobs before the jailbreak came out, so cydia never asked to make my life easier, so will it still get the shsh blobs or will I have to use tinyumbrella on every firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    I got a question, I saved my 4.0, and 4.0.1 blobs before the jailbreak came out, so cydia never asked to make my life easier, so will it still get the shsh blobs or will I have to use tinyumbrella on every firmware?
    It should automatically save your shsh files. You can (if you want) use tiny umbrella to save every firmware, but you shouldn't have to.

(Hit the the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

douflag (2010-08-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes, basically by saving your SHSH via TU or Cydia your telling Cydia you want your SHSH saved from now on, it does so automatically from then on. You only get MakeMyLife easier if you have never used TU beforehand.

Edit, you need to ensure you open cydia at least once during any FW's signing window to ensure it is saved.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I open cydia about 30 times a day, so least I know I don't have to worry so much about shsh blobs being saved now, thanks