Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A decent guide, put the BLOB to rest! Please?

Banned
    Thanks

Default A decent guide, put the BLOB to rest! Please?
    I want to start by saying, "hello!" and I am a avid modmyi reader, visitor, user, enthusiast, and admirer. I just registered to post in the forum, for the first time. I have been following modmyi since it very first started. Since before cydia was cydia and we all thought installer was the future of independence on the idevice.

I admire you all. Though I have been jbing and unlocking since the very first iphone, thought I have been through 100s of tweaks and quirks etc. However, after these years I still consider myself a novice, less than that, a noob, less than that, a numb nut. Because your minds, you, the developers, the engineers, the software debuggers, you super savvy modmyi Men ( and women?) I respect you and am in awe of your talent and capacity for that which leaves the rest of us at your mercy if you decide to turn this whole technological world against us.

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID, may I please, request that one of you post a SOLID guide to the whole downgrade process now with the shsh blobs. I have them backed up. They're on my mac and cydia. Now, in the event that I need to downgrade or whatever, tell me how this all will work. I have searched the forums and I know there are posts "related" to this or explaining it but "So, open the file CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com "
    Is NOT dumbed down enough for us less worthy folk. We need step by steps. We need you to spoon feed us, and we know that it is both annoying and frustrating. But if anyone can take time away form all the other things that actually pertain to their lives to help us out (me out) I will continue to be indebted to you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Got TinyUmbrella?

Seriously, TinyUmbrella really does break it down in fluent potatohead for you.

- Start TinyUmbrella
    - Click "Start TSS Server"
    - Start iTunes
    - Shift-click "Restore" and pick your firmware
    - Click "Kick device out of recovery" in TinyUmbrella when it's all finished
    - Pat yourself on the back, because you're done!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

RetiredBilly (2010-08-12)

Banned
    Thanks

Hot damn. That is easy!

Thank you chief!