Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there any way to upgrade iPhone 3G to 4.0.1 without it being slow?

Default Is there any way to upgrade iPhone 3G to 4.0.1 without it being slow?
    I had my iPhone 3G jailbroken at 4.0.1 but it was EXTREMELY slow so I decided to downgrade to 3.1.3 which was a very painful process.. but now that I'm at 3.1.3 almost every app keeps crashing and I tried doing a soft reset but it didn't help.. the phone feels so unstable atm. So I'm thinking of upgrading back to 4.0.1 but is there any way to make sure it wont be extremely slow? Thanks!

I think there is an option to jailbreak WITHOUT multi tasking/background changing whi should reduce slowness. I think this is only through redsn0w though rather than through jailbreakme.com. Correct me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    I think there is an option to jailbreak WITHOUT multi tasking/background changing whi should reduce slowness. I think this is only through redsn0w though rather than through jailbreakme.com. Correct me if I'm wrong

I just tried that, hopefully my phone wont be THAT slow

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Also try turning off the spotlight features, will speed it up due to lack of indexing, but you'll have no spotlight of course.