Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0.2???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charles3526 View Post
    ok so i got the ispw i need but my question is that can i still try and downgrade if i didnt' save my blobs?
    if you are trying to restore to 4.0.1 then you can try because apple may still be signing it, if you are trying to go to 4.0 then don't waste your time because apple is definitely not signing that

So basically I shouldn't do anything just stay like this for now till a fix comes out.

If you were..."not smart" enough to update to 4.0.2 and you don't have your SHSH blobs, and you were too slow to downgrade before Apple stopped signing you are out of luck probably until 4.1. As you see, you had lots of chances, be careful next time.

P.S. I'm not trying to sound mean, just making sure you know for next time

Thanks

As of 9:44pm est time on 8/14/10 apple is still signing 4.0.1. So you can shift+click restore to it even without shsh's on file.

I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2, ergo I thought I was out of luck. Behold I used tiny umbrella, found a good copy of 4.0.1, modded my hosts file, used recboot and voila! I am now running 4.0.1 again. Jailbroken!

Quote Originally Posted by kgf88 View Post
    ok so super noob question here, if im already JB on 3gs 4.1 can i safely update to 4.2 or will that end the JB? or do i need to always avoid the "check for updates" button in itunes.

I dont understand this ..... how do people accidently update there software.... are you guys that retared... even if you accidently click update on itunes your freaken itunes still has to download the dam file, do you retards just sit there and watch it download while saying to yourself "ohhhhh my software is updating ill jus sit here and watch the dam thing download then install into my phone".... idk any internet that will download the firmware file in 5 sec, it takes atleast 10 mins at my house... next time just unlug your dam phone from the computer and delete the file or STOP the dam download.....

and yes you can aviod the "check for update crap. jus ****** check the dam box that pops up says do not check for updates... its that ****** easy....

****** retards keep ******** and shet....

Quote Originally Posted by 06MCS View Post
    I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2, ergo I thought I was out of luck. Behold I used tiny umbrella, found a good copy of 4.0.1, modded my hosts file, used recboot and voila! I am now running 4.0.1 again. Jailbroken!
    I am curious, how would you do a restore to 4.0.1 if you saved your SHSH with Tinyumbrella? At what point in the process do you point it to the saved SHSH?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not going to read the entire thread, so in case this has been said already, I'm sorry.

Apple is still signing 4.0.1 so you can store the SHSH for that version and you can still do a simple shift-restore in iTunes pointing to a downloaded 4.0.1 firmware. No need to edit the hosts file or use TinyUmbrella (though TinyUmbrella is really good for storing the SHSH which you should do).
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Use tiny umbrella to save ur blobs to the server. Save under advanced options as 4.0.1 even though ur on .2. Mod ur hosts file. Restore thru iTunes to correct 4.0.1 ispw file. Then Recboot out. I did it on iPhone 4 no problem

I used advanced options and told the server I was on 4.0.1 even though I was still on 4.0.2. Save ur blobs now before u try to restore. Don't forget to add the command line to ur hosts file
    Last edited by 06MCS; 2010-08-15 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 06MCS View Post
    Use tiny umbrella to save ur blobs to the server. Save under advanced options as 4.0.1 even though ur on .2. Mod ur hosts file. Restore thru iTunes to correct 4.0.1 ispw file. Then Recboot out. I did it on iPhone 4 no problem

I used advanced options and told the server I was on 4.0.1 even though I was still on 4.0.2. Save ur blobs now before u try to restore. Don't forget to add the command line to ur hosts file
    I am just trying to learn here and dont need to do this yet. I am planning for the future in case something gets screwed up. I already saved my SHSH through Cydia and to my hardrive on my PC with Tiny Umbrella. My question is how would I ever use the SHSH I saved to my PC. Is there a step in the restore process where you load your saved SHSH from your PC or does it always grab it from Cydia based on the host file edit?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    I am just trying to learn here and dont need to do this yet. I am planning for the future in case something gets screwed up. I already saved my SHSH through Cydia and to my hardrive on my PC with Tiny Umbrella. My question is how would I ever use the SHSH I saved to my PC. Is there a step in the restore process where you load your saved SHSH from your PC or does it always grab it from Cydia based on the host file edit?
    Read this: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) and download and read the readme from this site: The Firmware Umbrella
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123