Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.0.2

Default Jailbreak 4.0.2
    I am getting the iphone4 next week. I want to jailbreak it but there's no jailbreak for 4.0.2...yet. If none comes out before then, is there a way to update the iphone just to 4.0.1 and then jailbreak?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peckle For This Useful Post:

Safalsen (2010-08-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Getting it next week as is... it's already on order and shipping to you? Or you're going to buy one next week at the store? Be more specific. iPhone 4 will have either 4.0 or 4.0.1 on it as of now which are both jailbrekable with jailbreakme.com. I don't understand your question.

It actually has already arrived in the store. But if it has 4.0 on it and I want 4.0.1 is that possible?

If I jailbreak it and then upgrade to 4.0.2, a new jailbreak comes out for that, and I jailbreak it again, will I be able to get my old jailbroken apps? Or will I have to buy again? Where is a record kept?

if its 4.0 or 4.0.1 use jailbreak me go into cydia and save your SHSH. wait upto 2 days and then see what happens. if its stuck on 4.0.2 im sorry you will have to wait and I got a feeling it will be awhile.

Lucky my misses iphone came today in the morning thank god it wasnt 2 days later with the new software I think luck is in my hands today..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Wow... So to answer your question. No you will NOT be able to update to 4.0.1 as Apple will stop signing this firmware later today. You will also have no chance to save your 4.0 SHSH so if you have to restore you'll be screwed until a new jailbreak is released.

Hopefully :-) there will be a new jailbreak out there by then. the dev team must of known this is coming and using another way to break in... touch wood :-) something will pop up... yh apple prob already stopped signing 4.0.1

you can try and see if tinyumbrela will work on 4.0.2 on a later date then save ur shsh and it might work that way.. not yet though

Hi I've just ordered ip4 and it will be here in a month.... Will it have the updated software do people think .... If I can't jailbreak I think I am going to cancel ...... I now have a jailbroken touch and i now see what I have been missing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if its coming in a months time, then yes it will have 4.0.2 or whatever there gonna call it..

Thanks

Don't keep ur hopes too high...cuz of they do have another jailbreak at hand, they are gonna save it for 4.1

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I ordered mine from AT&T the day jailbreakme was released, but I was told it would not be here for approx 2weeks. Got my fingers crossed!!!

sorry but all iphones shipped out come with 4.0.2 as of tomorrow I think so just hope they sent it today and you get it within 2 - 3 days otherwise your outta luck.
    I dont think that apple are stupid. they use the jailbreak to see how it patches and goes in. more the dev launch one then apple will patch it. its like a cat and mouse game. if the dev team launch every little update then they will run out come to like ios5.

Thanks
    Apparently, this guy thinks it's possible, although I'm not sure if it applies to 3GS or 4.

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Hell yeah!!! Got my new phone and it still has 4.0.1!!!!!

well done ...i wish mine was going to........

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki 786 View Post
    Apparently, this guy thinks it's possible, although I'm not sure if it applies to 3GS or 4.

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    The article clearly states that it doesn't apply to 3GS or 4.

I know there is a "Super Moderator" who said you cannot upgrade to 4.0.1 but I downloaded the IPSW from a source I will not disclose here, (too many rules) and I updated to 4.0.1 via that IPSW becuase the one Apple downloaded for me on my Mac was corrupt. So to answer your ? Detox yes. Download the IPSW (Google it) and when you go to the "Restore" on iTunes if you are on Windows hit "Shift" and click and this will allow you to chose the IPSW you downloaded (mentioned above)and upgrade to it. Be sure to save your SHSH first by Jailbreaking with 4.0 and also using TinyUmbreall (google again) and you will be fine. When you upgrade save those SHSHs again and you will be good to Downgrade again. Hope this helps brother.

***If you are on a Mac press "Option" and click on restore.
    Last edited by devilpupv; 2010-08-12 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Forgot about Mac users

4.0.1 is still being SHSH signed. It would be soo amazing if apple kept it going.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got my Iphone 4 yesterday, silly me, I not only used my back up files, but clicked yes to upgrade firmware 4.0.2... Now to downgrade... Because I am jonesing to jailbreak and pimp my phone...

I will Google IPSW.. and start from there.

Should start a thread saying when you got your iphone 4 were you are and what firmware is on it, give ppl an idea of how quickly its out

I will post when I get mine not Til sept 24 ..... Seems like no jailbreak for me yet shame

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast