Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock with ultrasn0w

Default unlock with ultrasn0w
    hey all really new to this whole JB/unlock expereince. digging it 100 percent. mad props to the dev team, app creators and the MMi community. anyways i wanted to know if unlocking the my 3gs on 4.1 is ok to do even if im under contract with ATT.

one thing i dont want to hassle with is sim changes or anything else.

will ATT know i have unlocked? and is it advisable to unlock under contract?

thanks!
    Last edited by kgf88; 2010-08-11 at 07:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would you want to unlock if you have an ATT contract?
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^Lol ya wait till the contract is over, cuz ur already gonna pay for it even if you unlock :P
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

no i no i was just curios if i could unlock now in contract. and what the ramifications are of that.... if i unlock in contract what would be the difference from now and then? i guess that was what i was trying to ask.... hey thanks!

Since you are staying with ATT there is no reason to unlock. only do that if you are going to use your iphone on a different carrier. ie t-mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think what your trying to ask is will your carrier know if you unlock your phone, I'm fairly new to this myself, however I don't see how you carrier could possibly know what software you have on your phone without ssh-ing into your phone! I'm sure an expert will confirm, I never used to be unlocked until in an emergency when I had the battery ANC no signal and my friend gas signal no battery! Couldn't just slip his aim into my phone to make the call we really needed to make!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ATT probably wouldn't know if you were unlocked, and they certainly wouldn't care. There really is no use as long as you are under contract with them to unlock though.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

there would be no difference in unlocking now or when your AT&T contract ends, only thing is if you do it now you have more choice if you ever need it (example you can't get signal with AT&T but can with T-mobile), also AT&T will only find out if you show them, but even then its only Apple that can void your warrenty not AT&T, and unlocking is legal