Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3Gs 3.1.2 to 4.0??

Question JB 3Gs 3.1.2 to 4.0??
    I am currently on 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 firmware. It is currently JB now. But I wanted to update it to 4.0. Can it be done? Also will I need to update my iTunes on current ver? I think I havent updated for more then 6-8 mths. I havent done anything ever since... Pls help...

Also can u explain or link me wut to use to JB to 4.0, if its do able. Mine is currently JBroken on Blackra1n now.

Btw, I dont need to unlock it. I am w/ATT.

TY very much!

Back up your phone. Update it to 4.0.1 w/ iTunes. Open safari on the phone. Go to JailbreakMe. Swipe to JB. Open Cydia and make sure to buy something from one of the devs. (infinifolders, or signal) for hooking u up w/ the free Jailbreak. Restore your backup from iTunes. **not the restore button!!!*** right click ur phone in iTunes and select back up from restore. There are several guides on this process. Btw.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomad707 View Post
    Back up your phone. Update it to 4.0.1 w/ iTunes. Open safari on the phone. Go to JailbreakMe. Swipe to JB. Open Cydia and make sure to buy something from one of the devs. (infinifolders, or signal) for hooking u up w/ the free Jailbreak. Restore your backup from iTunes. **not the restore button!!!*** right click ur phone in iTunes and select back up from restore. There are several guides on this process. Btw.
    what he said except restoring from a backup can cause problems, so if you dont realy need any texts, emails etc etc. then I would set it up as a new phone so you have less chance of having problems