Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Updated to 1.1.1 by a mistake

  1. #1
    Default Updated to 1.1.1 by a mistake
    I'm in the UK and started to follow the guide to skip activation on the iphone. I am stuck on the first step of making sure you have the 1.0.2 Firmware.

    Unfortunately due to not really understanding that the Firmware and the Software updates were the same thing and also not realising the new update has just come out I have managed to update my iphone to 1.1.1 software. There was also an unkown error while doing this.

    However, now the yellow triangle restore mode doesn't appear if I hold the sleep and home buttons it comes up with an iphone connector connecting to itunes.

    How do I get the phone back into restore mode and also revert back to the old firmware

    I'm using OS X by the way

  2. #2
    I don't think you can. You'll have to wait for the hacks to catch up to firmware 1.1.1

  3. #3
    Well I found this article which tells you that you can.

    http://www.digg.com/apple/New_iPhone...mware_to_1_0_2

    But the problem is I can't get the phone back into the restore mode with the triangle - is this a change with the new update?

  4. #4
    That article specifically says that you can not be on 1.1.1. Right now, there is no way back.

  5. #5
    ok no worries.

    Just out of interest what does the screen with the connector and the itunes icon mean?

  6. #6
    I heard that was the new yellow triangle..

  7. #7
    The USB cable to iTunes screen means you are in recovery mode. If you connect your iPhone and open iTunes you will get the restore screen in iTunes. Then, you can download the 1.0.2 firmware and use Option-Click in the Restore button to select that file to restore.

    I've already done all that but can't get the iphone to go back to 1.0.2... i get "an unknown error has ocurred" and stop the restoring process. Please if someone gets this to work, let me know how. I'm using a PPC G5 MacOS 10.4 an iTunes 7.4.2

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I don't think you can. You'll have to wait for the hacks to catch up to firmware 1.1.1
    So... this is still the correct response...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That article specifically says that you can not be on 1.1.1. Right now, there is no way back.
    ...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-28 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 is not possible.

    http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007...e-not-so-fast/

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by damesio View Post
    The USB cable to iTunes screen means you are in recovery mode. If you connect your iPhone and open iTunes you will get the restore screen in iTunes. Then, you can download the 1.0.2 firmware and use Option-Click in the Restore button to select that file to restore.

    I've already done all that but can't get the iphone to go back to 1.0.2... i get "an unknown error has ocurred" and stop the restoring process. Please if someone gets this to work, let me know how. I'm using a PPC G5 MacOS 10.4 an iTunes 7.4.2
    This is precisely my problem...share info as it comes in peeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Sadly it's a no go ... as they've found out in the thread.

    Is it only a matter of time until someones solves this issue...or is there a chance we're all screwed.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •