Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH files on Cydia

Default SHSH files on Cydia
    Hey guys,

Sorry newb question here... I just finally jailbroke my iphone 3gs (btw thank you internet community and thank you ModMyi for helping with all the info possible)...anyway i was reading previous threads about a "make my life easier" tab in cydia that automatically backs up your SHSH files and can't seem to find it with the current version of cydia i have installed on my iphone...

Question I have is it says on the home screen of cydia "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS 4.0, 4.0.1"
    Im curious to know how my SHSH files are already on cydia when i didn't see a "make my life easier" tab or anything like that in cydia...

Granted before i jailbroke my iphone i did use tiny umbrella to back up my SHSH blobs but i only backed up 4.0... how would cydia have 4.0.1 backed up when im not even on 4.0.1 and haven't used tiny umbrella to back up 4.0.1?

Thanks in advance for all the help guys... and once again I really appreciate all the great info you guys have provided on this forum...

rob

Can I ask what you used to jailbreak your 3GS. I used jailbreakme.com but now my camera won't record video. I want to restore it and try another jailbreaking method. Oh, I am running 4.0.1.

I also have the same question about SHSH blobs in Cydia.

Tiny umbrella sends them to Cydia and once Cydia has them it'll automatically save your SHSH's for any future firmware, hence why 4.0.1 is saved without you doing it...
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to disenchanted For This Useful Post:

r0b0ne (2010-08-10)