Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appbackup and Aptbackup on iPhone 4

Default Appbackup and Aptbackup on iPhone 4
    I had an iPhone 3GS like 4 months ago and I couldn't restore it to 3.1.2 so I sold it but I still have the backup files on itunes. The problem is that my 3GS was jailbroken and I had my Cydia/normal apps backed up (using Aptbackup and Appbackup) on iTunes. I am getting the iPhone 4 in a few days so I was wondering if I could backup my iPhone 4 from iTunes using my iPhone 3GS's backup file then jailbreak it and download appbackup/aptbackup and get all my stuff back again like before. Would that be possible? I know that some of the Cydia apps arent compatible with iPhone 4 but will most of the stuff work properly?
    Last edited by mSidhu; 2010-08-10 at 07:11 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It should work, theoretically, however not sure if restoring from back up on a 3GS would transfer to the 4. Even if, its still recommended to set your phone up as new. You might carry something over that could cause problems on the 4, which would then result in another restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

mSidhu (2010-08-10)

Indeed, I would never recommend restoring from a backup from iOS 3 to iOS 4 as many apps will not work and can cause serious problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Indeed, I would never recommend restoring from a backup from iOS 3 to iOS 4 as many apps will not work and can cause serious problems.

I tried this very thing, twice, with fresh restores. No go! Certainly restore your apps etc via an itunes backup but your JB stuff, do it manually.