Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: after Winterboard install text on apps became grey/blurred out?

Default after Winterboard install text on apps became grey/blurred out?
    so i decided to give winterboard a go on my new iphone 4, but have a problem.

after installing winterboard i have not even assigned a theme, all the text on my apps is now grey and barely visible. any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Are either "no docked icon labels" or "no undocked icon labels" checked in winterboard?

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Are either "no docked icon labels" or "no undocked icon labels" checked in winterboard?
    No why should they be?

Thanks

No they shouldn't, they would cause what your seeing. Try turning them on, respring then turn them off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-08-10)

No they shouldn't, they would cause what your seeing. Try turning them on, respring then turn them off.
    I tried that when I selected the text was gone entirely, when i unchecked them text was back to grey and barely visible

any other idea what could be causin it and how to fix it?

Edit: tried instaling/uninstalling winterboard while rebooting and still the same problem. as soon as winterboards installed text becomes grey.
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-08-10 at 03:27 AM.

No fontswap or anything like that? Have you tried fully uninstalling Winterboard and seeing if the problem persists? If it is fine after try reinstalling.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-08-10)

Thanks

Hmmm not quite sure then. Winterboard greys the names of my dock icons but only when I turn on the no docked icon labels. Of course mines a 3GS not a 4.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-10 at 03:43 AM.

bobright, I didn't quite understand your edit. Does uninstalling fix it?

^^No that didnt work

but i did some messing around and what did work and make the text for icons become normal again was turning OFF Summerboard Mode. Not sure if I should have done that or not but text is white/normal like it should be. Hopefully turning off Summerboard Mode wont cause any problems?

Hmm, maybe for some old themes I guess? Just test out your favourite themes and see if they work properly with summberboard mode off.

I have a 3gs on 4.0.1 and same isuue summer board off was a good fix. thanks a bunch i will try some speed test's Winterboard slowed my **** down bad.

Thanks

You may run into problems with summerboard mode turned off. Most themes use it.

Since i have been on 4.0.1 i really like the phone the way it is the only thing i have been messing with is the folder themes. i added the weather elements v3. i like it alot but its buggy

i really think u might be on to something becouse ,i thought summer board was for most older themes. Saurik was the creator of Winterboard. all themes we should use all have to 4.0 up?

every time i add a non 4.0 theme my dock goes in the bottom of the screen.
    Last edited by RONZO77; 2010-08-10 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The docks from older themes aren't really compatible with ios 4. You can go to var/stash/themes/"your theme" and delete the dock.png

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

RONZO77 (2010-08-10)

Awesome there is some older stuff i like a lot i will give it a try. i love to learn. Thanks again.

You may run into problems with summerboard mode turned off. Most themes use it.
    Its really weird because i now have enabled Summerboard Mode w/ a theme installed through winterboard and text is showing white as normal.

But say if I go into winterboard and disable themes - the text then goes to grey/blurry again. I do not know what the problem is but I hope a major updated Winterboard rolls around.

Basically if I have Winterboard installed and no themes enabled I get grey text. If Winterboard is installed but I have a theme enabled text shows regular. Is this normal?

I will check with a few of my buddy's and see whats up with there phone's They all have 4G's and if i can help u any further i will.

there is an option for White labels, turn that on and bob's your uncle

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PSI70Y For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-08-11)

I just noticed another thing why is that with Winterboard installed all the text on the App icons lose the shadow behind them? If you can see the text does not have a shadow behind it like the stock lettering does - why is this?

Edit: this is whether I have a theme enabled or not, it is when Winterboard is simply installed. If I delete Winterboard entirely text reverts to normal.