Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabling Multitasking in an already jailbroken 3G

Default Disabling Multitasking in an already jailbroken 3G
    I listed my 3G (8 gig) on craigslist and got a buyer today. It's running 4.0.1 and currently multitasking is enabled. The buyer told me that if possible, she'd rather not have multitasking enabled because it tends to slow down the phone.

Can I simply run redsn0w again and rejailbreak it, this time without enabling multitasking? Or will I need to restore the phone first? Last time I tried restoring this phone it almost bricked, so I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

I'm meeting the buyer tomorrow night so I have about a day to figure it out.

TIA!

Thanks

You could do that with a restore and re-jailbreak...

There is also an app available through Cydia that will disable multi-tasking on iOS4.
    Friendly Computers.com
    Nationwide PC & iRepair Services

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FCVegas For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (2010-08-09)

Quote Originally Posted by FCVegas View Post
    There is also an app available through Cydia that will disable multi-tasking on iOS4.
    Good...the app may be the better route. That way the buyer can choose to turn it back on later if she chooses.

Do you know the name of the app?

Thanks

Well, I'm not sure of the exact rules about this specific repo, hopefully this is ok...

But it's under the SinfuliPhone repo and it's just called "Disable iOS4 Multitasking". Hope this helps you out.
    Friendly Computers.com
    Nationwide PC & iRepair Services

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Can I simply run redsn0w again and rejailbreak it, this time without enabling multitasking? Or will I need to restore the phone first?
    This should work. Just make sure you have the latest redsn0w when doing this. I had a JB 3G on 4.0 and multitasking/wallpaper was slowing it down. I just re-ran redsn0w and unchecked the boxes for multitasking and wallpapers. Went thru the whole process and the phone came back quicker.

Thanks

Yep, either re-run redsn0w and uncheck multitasking or you can ssh into the phone and go to system/library/coreservices/springboard/n82ap.plist and change multitasking from true to false.

Simple download zToggle to toggle wallpaper/multitasking on and off.