Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 3GS (4.0.1) , Video recording not working.

Default Jailbroken 3GS (4.0.1) , Video recording not working.
    I jailbroke my 3GS running 4.0.1 with Jailbreakme.com and now the video recorder will not work. The camera works fine but when I switch to video the camera will not record or switch back to camera mode. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix? Please help.

Is there a fix for this?

No one else has this problem?
    Last edited by AqrsKnight*; 2010-08-10 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

try hard reset see if it work

No that didn't work. Is there another way to jailbreak 4.0.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Restore and try again is your only real option. The only way to JB is jailbreakme.com unless you feel like downgrading to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and messing with custom ipsws.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

same happened to me... iphone4 with 4.0.1 jailbroken... i bought qik video pro and now i can record inside that app but still can't with default camera app... i can switch to video and even turn on flash but no recording.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to merkyone For This Useful Post:

AqrsKnight* (2010-08-12)

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Qik Video Pro is at the app store?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes. Try other apps from app store they will most likely work, I personally use CP Pro because you can pause while video recording, but I dunno about you.

Try restoring and then open up the app and record a video, then jailbreak and then go to camera and try taking videos see if that works.
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to robben10 For This Useful Post:

AqrsKnight* (2010-08-12)

Other video apps work so thanks all. Just wondering why the default video willl not record.

Can some one still look for a fix?
    Last edited by AqrsKnight*; 2010-08-12 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Uhh well I really have no idea why its not working, but its working for me and im on 4.0.1 but yes camera app has crashed on me a lot of times D=

Try rebooting your iPhone or remove some things you have recently downloaded from Cydia, they may have an effect on the Camera app.
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

when i click my camera app i dont even have the option in the bottom right corner for video!? used jailbreakme.com and running ios4.0.1

****Okay I lied everything is working 100% just tests it all out.
    Last edited by rivryan; 2010-08-12 at 09:28 AM.

anyone discovered a solution for the video not recording from ios camera app?

Ohh,Thank you guys for sharing information, I am not alone with this problem. I have iphone 4 (4.0.1) and i jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. I am not sure but it was working sometime ago. I think it is because of some cydia program affected.
    we need to check with guys, who have not this kinda problem.
    Regardz

i did a restore as new phone on my iphone4 ios 4.0.1 then rejailbroke and downloaded all my apps without doing a restore and now my video is working properly. now trying to figure out how to get back camera+ since it's no longer in the app store. i do have it on backup but not sure how to extract and put back on without itunes, any suggestions?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to merkyone For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2010-08-25)

If you have the camera+ IPA file you can just drag it into iTunes. You could also get it in a way I can't discuss without being censored, but if you bought it it should be legal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    If you have the camera+ IPA file you can just drag it into iTunes. You could also get it in a way I can't discuss without being censored, but if you bought it it should be legal, right?
    I did buy it. Where would I find the ipa in my backup? Thanks

Wait, what kind of backup, and why isn't it in iTunes anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Wait, what kind of backup, and why isn't it in iTunes anymore?
    i have the itunes backup i made while the camera+ was still on my phone.

it's not in itunes anymore because they added the ability to snap pictures with the volume buttons if i'm not mistaken. i know i can get it from one of the crack places but i'd like the original if it's possible to extract from the backup i have. any suggestions?

also i wound up having to restore again after my video quit exactly the same way when i went to put my old photos and videos back on via IMtoo iphone transer plus. not sure if that software did it or the old 3g photos or videos messed something up. seems like it has to be something resetting permissions. is there a way to set the permissions exactly the same as just after restore? without restoring?

thanks.

Oh, ok. I'm quite sure that a device backup doesn't actually save all your apps, or music etc because that's what iTunes it for.

Did iTunes actually delete the apps from your iTunes? It would be in your recycling bin...

Sorry, I can't help with that second part.

guess it's gone then. i didn't transfer my purchases from phone to itunes before i restored and didn't sync before backup. at least it wasn't an expensive app i guess. any other suggestions from anybody regarding permissions or getting back the camera+ app?