Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck in a continuous loop

Question iPhone stuck in a continuous loop
    Ok so this is what happened:

I've got an iPhone 3G and I'd upgraded my firmware to OS 4.0 around the time it first came out
    Just this morning I began my quest to jailbreak it, and perhaps out of stupidity/laziness, I hadn't really read up on anything iPhone related before this point...

Apparently there problems associated with the OS 4.0 and the older iPhone (i.e the 3G version), which would explain why I didn't get all those features & why it's been lagging/crashing a lot.

ANYWAY GETTING TO THE POINT:

I found this jailbreakme.com site which made jailbreaking look ridiculously easy. I followed the instructions, used the slider and waited..

It took a while to download, then after that it began installing, it told me to wait and it was going fine up until the very end. Like 1 second off from finishing, instead of coming up with the congratulatory message and telling me it was successful, my iPhone turned off suddenly.

1) It scared the crap out of me
    2) I haven't touched anything or done anything at this point

It started to reboot, but on the apple logo it kind of froze, then that little circle loading thing appeared and started doing its thing, but that soon froze aswell.

Now if I leave it alone, it will stay frozen for 5 minutes or so, restart and repeat this process.

AND THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE IT STOP!

I tried doing this recovery mode/dfu mode thing but when I plug it into the computer nothing happens at all...

Can someone please give me some advice?
    (I wouldn't mind restoring it if that's the only way to fix it - but like I said, iTunes isn't recognising it when I plug it in)

Have I "bricked" it? I'm not sure what that term is exactly, but if so can it be fixed from that stage?

P.S sorry for making this post so long hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, you have run into a very common error. Unfortunately, your iPhone is permenantly broken forever. Haha just kidding it's a really easy fix. You described Recovery Mode in your post but what you want is DFU. They are 2 different things. Follow these steps to get into DFU, and then restore and try the jailbreak again.YouTube - ‪Modern Warfare 2: Most AMAZING UNBELIEVABLE Knife Throwing Kill Ever ! Mw2 Cod6‬‎
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

while the apple logo is showing during boot, hold down the big round button and the off button at the same time until the phone turns off. This is a more complete shutdown and it can clear some problems. It might take a few tries.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha whoops... I got my facebook link and this one confused in that last post...
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!