Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBreakMe.com Pros & Cons.

Default JailBreakMe.com Pros & Cons.
    So this is my review by the new Comex jailbreak called Jailbreakme 2.0 that jailbreaks all devices on the latest firmwares.

Pros are good stuff.
    Cons are bad stuff.

Pros:
    - Untethered.
    - No PC/Mac required.
    - You get cydia.
    - The chance to get ītasking/wallpapers on unsopported devices.
    - Respring is really fast.
    - SHSH saves automaticly onto file.
    - Supports all devices. (Not iPhone 2G)

Cons:
    - Boot screen graphical problem.
    - Very long boot time.
    - A few Cydia bugs. (Jay, thanks for that.)
    - Real battery drainer.
    - You canīt change your boot screen.
    - Wi-Fi gets some problems.

Thanks

Agreed, the only problem that bugs me, is the cydia bugs!!

I hope this thread really takes off. I'm looking at jailbreaking my iPhone 4 but I'm waiting to read some more reviews. I've seen enough complaints about the wifi and MMS to keep me from doing it for now...but it could be that it's the pissed off minority making the most noise (as is usually the case).

I suppose I could always just restore my phone if it ends up being too buggy...but when I jailbroke my 3G via redsn0w I had a VERY difficult time restoring it (kept getting error 1611).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

I don't know what's the problem i jailbreak 6 iphones 2 iphones4, 3 iphones 3GS and 1 3G so far not of this cons happend in any one of them... I did all of the SSH, winterboard everything... Batery are good, performance too! I'm a happy camper and so the other 5 too!!!

My battery doesn't seem any worse. I mean, it's draining faster but that's because I've been using it almost nonstop and doing lots of downloads :P

No 3g/wifi problems here. The slow reboot is kind of annoying though. But hey, I'm just glad it's jailbroken

Cons:
    - Boot screen graphical problem.
    Ok I'll give you that one.
    - Very long boot time.
    Haven't had that problem.
    - A few Cydia bugs. (Jay, thanks for that.)
    That has nothing to do with jailbreakme.
    - Real battery drainer.
    Again this is from cydia. Some apps/tweaks can cause more battery lose than normal.
    - You canīt change your boot screen.
    It's impossible to do that with a userland jailbreak. You have to have an iboot exploit.
    - Wi-Fi gets some problems.
    [/QUOTE]

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    - Very long boot time.
    I don't know if I'd call it "very long", but for me, my stock ip4 booted in about 25-30 seconds. After jbm, I see the normal apple boot logo for 25-30 seconds, then it switches to the glitched boot logo with the pixels at the top, and continues to boot for another 35 seconds or so.

The battery drain issues also seem much worse for me than my old 3G/redsn0w jailbreak, but I can't necessarily attribute them to the jb process itself.

i dont notice a change in battery life, and i havent noticed any bugs in cydia either?

Thanks

Pros:
    Free....
    You didn't have to spend money
    Gave you what you needed

Cons:
    You didn't write it yourself
    You didn't fix Those bugs
    You didn't help at all...
    You didn't build cydia
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-08 at 07:27 PM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (2010-08-11), happypappy (2010-08-08), jkmonkey (2010-08-10), r0b0ne (2010-08-14), saab9k (2010-08-08), skater38053 (2010-08-11)

Ok, so maybe i got some weird bugs but maybe thats only on iPhone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Pros:
    Free....
    Gave you what you needed

Cons:
    You didn't build cydia

Is that bad?
    Last edited by MindGem; 2010-08-10 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Pros:
    Free....
    Gave you what you needed

Cons:
    You didn't build cydia

hahaha...I was gonna say something like that. I love it before we got jailbreakme.com and people were complaining about how the jailbreak wasn't released fast enough, even though some were dumb enough to do the firmware update. Now we start seeing how people complaint about the jailbreak. Come on people, if you didn't contribute then stop complaining. I gotta stop before getting banned by the mods for insulting someone's so called 'intelligence' or 'feelings'.

huh battary is bad.... i aint got this one damn my 3gs use to need charging 2 - 3 times a day my iphone 4 will last a full day.. make sure you turn off your multi tasking and dont have everything running... iphone 4 battary is amazing....

some may no know but.. in the multi-tasking mode, just hold down any app in that window until the red (-) apprears. then simply click them away

One more Con:
    Stops video recording from working on the Japanese iPhone 3GS running 4.0.1. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix.

Pro:
    All the other stuff already stated

Not sure if this is the right place for this but just got the iPhone 4 on Vodafone uk and they have managed to make it restricted acse in safari to go to jailbreakme and tinyurl so I have no clue how to get my gone jailbroken , any help please

I dontated, and Im NOT about to *****. I am glad to have the jailbreak!

Now I do have those little lines at the top of the boot screen......... so what? Who cares?

The rest of your cons............. dont bother me at all. I dont have a single problem with my jailbreak.

Thanks comex!

Quote Originally Posted by qu1nton View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but just got the iPhone 4 on Vodafone uk and they have managed to make it restricted acse in safari to go to jailbreakme and tinyurl so I have no clue how to get my gone jailbroken , any help please
    I am wondering, have you tried downloading the Firefox app, and seeing if that will allow you to get to Jailbreakme.com

Quote Originally Posted by qu1nton View Post
    try to download a fresh install uptouched ipsw which will be fine. then use wi-fi to use jailbreakme.com i hope that works...

and others please come on... you all moan when is it coming blah blah blah. now its out your still moaning that it has this and that problems. at 1st I had mms problems but just restore and try again...

Battery is perfect - fact lasts 2 - 3 x longer than my 3gs ( make sure you close all your multi tasking )
    boot logo screen yes it may have a line but what would you rather have that or no jailbreak. think of all the hours that went into this. the dev team didnt have to launch it so be happy.

other issues well I think your installing it wrong have jailbroken about 10 devices and not 1 had a problem at all.

Longer boot up screen - to be honest I havent even noticed that.

at least we got cydia and winterboard and all of them so I think everyone should be happy. or maybe next time let the dev team make it 100% for every and that will take months to come out. which do people prefer. I know what I would rather have. keep up the good work dev team.

Cant wait untill I get home to try this.. my work wifi wont let the jailbreak.com site update my phone it seems.. so will have to try from my home wifi..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having problems with my iphone 4 after jailbreak me it was running ok now it is stuck in safe mode .I installed crash reporter to try to figure what was going on with it but I cant do I need to do a full restore on it?I rebooted and resprung still in safe mode please help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast