Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with MyWi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Need help with MyWi
    Well I decided to be an idiot and bought MyWi no rock from Cydia, I don't really know why I bought it cuz I have no idea wtf do i use it for... :/

Can you just tell me what I do with it?

Tethering is using internet on another idevice right? So can I use it on my iPad wifi 16gb?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Basically yes, just use it to make a wifi network tethering your 3G and your iPad can connect and use it as if it is wifi.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool but I don't have 3G I use Rogers and they are currently not allowing me to use 3G I dunno why, so does it require 3G?

MyWi simply lets you use an iPhones data to create your own private (or public) WiFi network for use with any device that uses wifi. I don't know from experience if MyWi lets you use data networks other than 3G but people on various forums say it does.
    Also, the description says MyWi works on iPhone 2G, so I think thats proof it works off 3G,

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    Cool but I don't have 3G I use Rogers and they are currently not allowing me to use 3G I dunno why, so does it require 3G?
    MyWi uses EDGE or 3G, what ever one is active.

IE: In my case (T-Mobile USA EDGE only) I use MyWi as a WiFi access point for the iPad. Turn on iPhone MyWi, connect the iPad to the new MyWi network, and bingo - iPad is alive and well

I had MyWi working successfully but then uninstalled it when I got an iPad and installed it there.

I reinstalled on my iphone 3gs but cant seem to get it to work no matter what setting I change.

It does appear in my locations on my MAcBook but I get a messag saying that Im not connected to the internet.

Any suggestions?

Troubleshooting Thoughts:
    - Remove a password if any
    - disconnect from 3g/edge and reconnect

Quote Originally Posted by drgene1213 View Post
    I had MyWi working successfully but then uninstalled it when I got an iPad and installed it there.

I reinstalled on my iphone 3gs but cant seem to get it to work no matter what setting I change.

It does appear in my locations on my MAcBook but I get a messag saying that Im not connected to the internet.

Any suggestions?
    Mywi has a "feature", or system where it licenses a PARTICULAR location. If you had it up and running on your iPad (I assume you have a 3G iPad or that would make no sense, whatsover... It makes no sense anyway, because Mywi's real reason for existence is to provide wifi for "wifi only" iPads.....)

I believe you can relocate your Mywi installation once a month. On your iPhone, You need to go into the "Rock" application, Select "Manage" (bottom right of screen); select "License Central" and you should see your Mywi app. You will have the choice to reinstall it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    Mywi has a "feature", or system where it licenses a PARTICULAR location. ... I believe you can relocate your Mywi installation once a month. ...
    WHAT!!! Is this really true?

That sure blows away us road-warriors. If true. I won't ever be purchasing this one!!
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-08-12 at 07:35 PM.

Probably, Rock is pretty crazy with their DRM...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Probably, Rock is pretty crazy with their DRM...
    Hmm. Guess I'll stay with the built-in USB & Bluetooth tethering options. That'll take care of my needs and avoid Rocks craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    WHAT!!! Is this really true?

That sure blows away us road-warriors. If true. I won't ever be purchasing this one!!
    I think by "location" he means "device".

I've used MyWi on my iPhone in many different cities with no issues.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mael For This Useful Post:

RetiredBilly (2010-08-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    That sure blows away us road-warriors.
    Oh, that means drivers? Like the previous poster said, its the location of the device, and you may only be able to have it on one device at a time.

Default Words, words, words.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mael View Post
    I think by "location" he means "device".

I've used MyWi on my iPhone in many different cities with no issues.
    Of course thats what I mean. You can switch from devise to devise once a month.

I have paid for the app twice with different usernames: one for my iPhone and one for my iPad

That's why I'm stumped in gettign the iPhone app to work for me.