Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barely anything on my iphone 2G works. Plz Help!!!!!!!

Unhappy Barely anything on my iphone 2G works. Plz Help!!!!!!!
    Ok so i have an unlocked and jailbroken iphone 2g operating on 3.1.3 and about 2 months ago my wifi began being very inconsistent but wasnt too big of a problem. Now this problem has escalated from just being a wifi problem to my whole phone being messed up. Now, no wifi at all, phone calls never show up it just shows i missed them, and text messages are delayed anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hrs. I've gone all over the internet to find help but nothing ive done has worked. Ive reset everything from the network settings to erasing everything and restarted all over. Still doesnt work. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

While this could be a software program (in which you should definitely restore), this sounds like a major hardware problem. You should definitely try a restore/rejailbreak (set up as a new device when you do). If this doesn't work, you probably have a broken phone, and I'm sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

miragz10 (2010-08-08)

Ya ive tried that too, thanks tho. This is very depressing

But one thing i dont get is that when i do restore it, it works fine and even the wifi works, but only for about 30 minutes. Ive done this many times and it happens every time. I just dont get it
    Last edited by miragz10; 2010-08-08 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If it works at all you would think it would work for longer but if you restored completely and set up as a new device it must be a hardware problem. I'm sorry for your loss :'(