Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activations problems. Help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Activations problems. Help?
    Hey. I just installed 4.0.1, inserted the dits sim card and i was able to enter beyond the lockscreen. Then jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com, installed appsync & ultrasn0w 4.x and all is fine.

Screen comes up and says "might take a moment to activate" or something like that, so I dismiss it and continue.

Problem is, once i remove the dits sim card nothing happens, but once i insert my vodafone card (not supported carrier) it comes back on the EMERGENCY screen. So I have to pop back in the DITS sim card.

Anyone know what the problem is? Is it that my iphone hasn't been activated yet or what? If so, how do I know when my iphone 3GS has been activated so I can pop in my vodafone sim without the worries of me getting stuck on the emergency screen again and says "Different SIM detected?

I have a model MC133B and i've looked on the net and seems a MC133B/A is from O2. Not sure though.

HELP PLEASE!

TO be clear, if I dont have ANY sim card inside my 3Gs or have the dits simcard I can use the phone (iTouch kinda) but once I pop in the vodafone sim I can't use it.

Any idea guys please? :S Phone is still usable as I need it mostly for watching films and playing games, but I still need to make calls and stuff, dont want to be carrying around 2 phones all the time.

Nobody possibly can give me any answer please?

FOUND A FIX How To Fix “Different SIM Detected” After iPhone Jailbreak | The iPhone and iPad Blog by Simon
    Last edited by l-awstraljan; 2010-08-07 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Edit: I see you found the post I was talking about before I posted...