Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there REALLY a need to upgrade to OSi 4.x?

Default Is there REALLY a need to upgrade to OSi 4.x?
    I have done a great deal of research regarding iOS 4.x. I really do not see anything critical to cause me to upgrade. My jb 3.1.3 is perfect. Why should I fix what isn't broken?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You shouldn't 3.1.3 is still the best in my opinion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

3.1.3 gives you a lot more freedom with Winterboard and all apps are compatible. It would help to know what kind of device you have too. If it's not a 3GS then I would NEVER upgrade to 4.0 because the 3G just can't handle it.. especially if you enable multitasking.

While there are a lot of new features in iOS 4 there is nothing you cannot get by jailbreaking. As poseidon79 said if you don't have a 3GS, you probably shouldn't update because the 3G would be too slow. I'm still happy on my iPod Touch on 3.1.3, and I don't mind not being able to update to iOS 4 because I have all the new features and more.

^ The reason why I (and many people) went to 4.0 is because although you can get most new features from Cydia, This is built into the Firmware and made by Apple so it is cleaner looking and has less problems
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

3.1.3 is the best. Alot of apps still don't work on 4.x on cydia yet

Exactly, Apple's software might be "cleaner", but on 3.1.3 everything is perfect, and not enough apps are updated for iOS 4, as well as many other problems.