Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: backlight wont light up

Default backlight wont light up
    I may have spilled a little bit of water on my phone (not enough to ruin screen). Likewise, my backlight isnt turning on. I can still use the phone if I hold it up to light. Whats the solution for this? Its jb and unlocked using ultrasn0w. I tried to hold power and sleep button down as well.

Thanks

The solution is either a new phone or a new LCD assembly. I know that's not the type of solution you're looking for, but the only thing that fixes hardware failure is replacement.

Its weird though. I dropped like a drip of water on it. And I have a screen protector on it. I cant believe that would ruin the lcd screen.

Normally, having a phone stop working from water is just bad luck. My phone has been broken open laying in a puddle, dropped of a chairlift and run over by a TTC bus and it's still fine. Then I dropped it two feet off my bed and it broke. Electronics are strange
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I guess I will have to go ahead and replace the lcd assembly. Luckily, the rest of the phone is fine. Dang this sucks.

Edit: I bought it from a guy on craigslist who said it was two months old. Would I be able to bring it in to apple and see if they will fix it? Or will I have to contact him about it. He upgraded to the iphone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple usually replaces defects, it sounds like what happened to you was your fault. You can try your luck at an Apple store, sometimes they're nice and replace it. If not, own up and buy the parts to replace it or take it to a repair shop. Don't even think about bothering the guy on craigslist about it.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Well I called the guy from craigslist after calling apple. The phone is still on warranty so he is going to call apple and set up an app. Hopefully I can get the lcd replaced.