Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost MMS after unlocking

Default Lost MMS after unlocking
    Strangely today my iP4 wont send MMS messages. SMS go thru fine.

My wifes iP4 sends them (no red !) to my phone.... but it does not receive MMS either.

I wonder if ultrasn0w had something to do with that....

This happened to my iphone 4 today too...what happened anyone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Any of you on T-mobile?

No, ATT

I am having the same problem. My Iphone 4 MMS stopped working after the JB/Unlocking. Please help!!!

I restored my phone and MMS worked after the JB. I dont think I will unlock it for a while and see if anyone else realizes that MMS is lost after the unlock with ultrasn0w.

I've actually have had this problem for 2 days now. I decided to register to contribute.

I've even tried DFU, iTunes restore, restart/reboot, reset network settings, reinstalling ultrasn0w, fresh installing ultrasn0w, everything basically.

Same problem when ultrasn0w unlocks my iPhone 4 (AT&T); MMS does not work. Can't receive nor can I send. FaceTime is not affected much, from experience it's okay so far..

I've decided not to unlock my phone till there's a fix or someone looks into the problem.

That fix was primarily for the jailbreak bug. I believe this problem is ultrasn0w related; and even so, I've tried following those steps a few times with no luck.

There's still a problem, unless I'm doing something wrong. I've tried restoring it fresh, JB the phone, then unlocking it without syncing or restoring it from a back up. FaceTime works, MMS still doesn't. Uninstall the unlock (ultrasn0w) and MMS works again, weird.

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Hopefully you'll be able to fix your problem. MMS and FaceTime is still working on mine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a 3Gs, so i don't know if this will work for you, but i've fixed it, by removing the leimobile T-Mobile MMS fix, adding the sinful T-Mobile MMS fix. i can now send and receive MMS and my phone is no longer losing APN settings.

This is what I found . I just copied and pasted, I am not taking credit, just helping out since it worked for me.

According to Comex on Twitter, there is definitely an issue with this Jailbreak that disables MMS and FaceTime after you restart. He is currently looking into the problem. ModMyi needs to update this thread with a warning.
    There is a way to fix the MMS/FaceTime issue if you don't want to wait for Comex to fix it.
    You have to be in an un-Jailbroken state when you do this:
    1) Go into iTunes / Settings / Devices —– Delete all previous backups.
    2) Connect your iDevice, right click on the iPhone icon on the left (in iTunes) and select "Backup"
    3) After Backup is complete, go to Jailbreakme.com (on your iDevice) and Jailbreak.
    4) Restart your iDevice (you will have lost MMS and Facetime)
    5) Connect to iTunes, right click on the iPhone icon on the left (in iTunes) AGAIN and select "Restore from Backup"
    6) Facetime and MMS are fixed and Jailbreak is intact. You're DONE. ^_^
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by nosnam; 2010-08-09 at 05:02 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I lost it too. And MMS works fine after uninstalling ultrasnow

I lost my MMS as well

Quote Originally Posted by nosnam View Post
    This is what I found . I just copied and pasted, I am not taking credit, just helping out since it worked for me.

According to Comex on Twitter, there is definitely an issue with this Jailbreak that disables MMS and FaceTime after you restart. He is currently looking into the problem. ModMyi needs to update this thread with a warning.
    There is a way to fix the MMS/FaceTime issue if you don't want to wait for Comex to fix it.
    You have to be in an un-Jailbroken state when you do this:
    1) Go into iTunes / Settings / Devices Delete all previous backups.
    2) Connect your iDevice, right click on the iPhone icon on the left (in iTunes) and select "Backup"
    3) After Backup is complete, go to Jailbreakme.com (on your iDevice) and Jailbreak.
    4) Restart your iDevice (you will have lost MMS and Facetime)
    5) Connect to iTunes, right click on the iPhone icon on the left (in iTunes) AGAIN and select "Restore from Backup"
    6) Facetime and MMS are fixed and Jailbreak is intact. You're DONE. ^_^
    Good Luck!
    How do I remove the jailbreak in order to complete these steps?
    Last edited by Paranormal; 2010-08-10 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost