Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem when I updated to 4.0.1

Default problem when I updated to 4.0.1
    I think I made a stupid mistake, what I did was JB while on 4.0 and while there I installed the patch that locks up the .pdf exploit (through cydia). I then decided to upgrade to 4.0.1 so I upgraded in itunes (not restored) and when I go to JB again it crashes right after the downloading progress bar gets complete.

My thinking is that the patch I installed somehow remained after the itunes upgrade, and is blocking me from JB again. Anyone know anything about this? And if I restore in itunes would it bring back the .pdf exploit?

edit: "PDF Loading Warner" is the patch I'm referring to.
    Last edited by boringdays; 2010-08-07 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boringdays View Post
    I think I made a stupid mistake, what I did was JB while on 4.0 and while there I installed the patch that locks up the .pdf exploit (through cydia). I then decided to upgrade to 4.0.1 so I upgraded in itunes (not restored) and when I go to JB again it crashes right after the downloading progress bar gets complete.

My thinking is that the patch I installed somehow remained after the itunes upgrade, and is blocking me from JB again. Anyone know anything about this? And if I restore in itunes would it bring back the .pdf exploit?

edit: "PDF Loading Warner" is the patch I'm referring to.

Hi,

I did the same exact thing. After JB on 4.0 ultrasn0w, My3G, MMS everything was working but Facetime.
    So I upgrade to 4.0.1 and im trying to jailbreakme.com safari crashes.. If you guys now any other solutions pls HELP!

It's not exactly how I wanted it, but I got impatient and did a full restore. Good news is, it did work. But my phone is completely wiped.

If you do this, I'd recommend backing up in iTunes and rock.app first. Saved me some trouble.

Yea, 4.0.1 doesn't have any fix to jailbreakme in it. That is in the next updtae, Apple has confirmed that.