Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any recent luck with Cydia+Paypal?

Default Any recent luck with Cydia+Paypal?
    I try to buy application from Cydia (Signal) but I can't log into my PayPal account when I'm ask for it. I successfully logged both from PC and iPhone Safari. Have anyone same problem or it is just a me? I try it yesterday and now and still getting message about incorrect e-mail and password.
    Unavailable page zoom doesn't help either.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I haven't had a problem, but I do agree about not be able to zoom, it's a pain in the @ss

Thanks

I haven't had a problem with it.

Actually earlier this morning I tried to buy signal, but when I tried to add paypal as a payment option paypal decided to limit my account due to a third party trying to access it. And to top it off Sauriks server was horrible slow. Way slower than edge and it was connected to wifi.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-08-07 at 01:46 AM.

I just used it to buy infinifolders. Worked fine.

The reason why it doesn't work is because it autocorrects whatever you are typing in. I had to use amazon (with the ability to zoom) to notice what it was doing on the PayPal page.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanted to buy another copy of ifile for my spare iPhones, buy don't even get directed to the paypal page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I wanted to buy another copy of ifile for my spare iPhones, buy don't even get directed to the paypal page.
    Really? Just went through for me with ifile. The install button for ifile will always say install not purchase, because it installs the shareware version. To pay for it and get the full licence you have to hit where it shows the $4 price a little farther down on the cydia page.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-08-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just made my first cydia purchase, quickreply SMS.
    All went well but holy crap, if your eyesight isn't perfect you'll have problems!! That needs fixing!

Thumbs up Solution found!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarlinFF View Post
    The reason why it doesn't work is because it autocorrects whatever you are typing in. I had to use amazon (with the ability to zoom) to notice what it was doing on the PayPal page.
    Thank you! You were right and you show me right way to follow.
    I had suspicion that e-mail address in PayPal input field is not same that I typed but thanks to missing zoom and not so retina crispy display on my iPhone 3G I wasn't sure. I try Amazon payments and as you said, I found my input is automatically corrected, even when this feature is disabled in device settings.
    I also noticed small popup which can be used to cancel offered correction. I switched to PayPal and check for small popup, which in this case was really small (probably five on two pixels) and very hard to tap on. After few attempts I manage to type my e-mail correctly and successfully logged in and purchase application.
    I hope this helps others with similar problem. Thanks again!