Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking: What To Do Next?

Default Jailbreaking: What To Do Next?
    I am upgrading to the iPhone 4 today and I think I want to jailbreak it. There seems no reason not to and no harm because I can always reset it, right?

I know it's suer easy to jailbreak, but my question is once I do that, what next?

Can I still use iTunes? Can I still download the regular Apple apps?

Where do I get jailbreak only apps?

What new features will I have?
    What are the best apps to get? Are they mostly free?

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peckle View Post
    I am upgrading to the iPhone 4 today and I think I want to jailbreak it. There seems no reason not to and no harm because I can always reset it, right?

I know it's suer easy to jailbreak, but my question is once I do that, what next?

Where do I get jailbreak only apps?

Thanks!
    Yes you can still use iTunes with a jailbroken phone.

Cydia is the place to get jailbreak apps. You can also use Rock to get jailbroken apps, but I've never used it.

The biggest new feature you have from being jailbroken is the ability to customize be it via jailbroken apps or even the look and feel of your phone.

A lot of the apps are free but some apps that aren't are well worth the money.

Must have apps for me are bitesms (free, ad supported) for quicksend and quickreply. Lockinfo (free?) for having a more functional lockscreen. Infinidock (.99) because I like having a scrollable dock. CategoriesSB (.99), but iOS has a category function, for putting apps in folders. Sbsettings (free)for quick access to toggles with a swipe. Winterboard (free) so I can themes.

There's a thread here somewhere where people list the jailbroken apps they must have. Try to find it to get more ideas.

Thanks, anyone know where that list is located?

try searching the forums like "top cydia apps" "cydia apps", if your curious on a specific app you can youtube it and see how it looks like.. gl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What list? Cydia has thousands of apps.

Yep.

You will have an app called Cydia which is like another appstore. Then you can install a lot of great apps.

Yep, no difference.

You will only have Cydia, but this opens you up to an unlimited amount of possibilities.

You can find all the best Cydia apps on my website. I would really recommend starting at my oldest post and going forward to see all the amazing things you can do. Most of the apps are free, but some long time developers tend to charge for certain apps, but they're worth it.