Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 4 reboots itself

Default Jailbroken iPhone 4 reboots itself
    I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 (4.0.1) using jailbreakme.com. I did this a few days ago and everything was working great, but noticed that randomly, maybe once an hour, my phone reboots (resprings) itself. I decided to restore the iPhone to 4.0.1. I then reapplied the jailbreak and didn't install anything on the jailbroken phone just to make sure it wasn't a jailbroken app causing issues. However, it is still rebooting randomly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ew456 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ew456 View Post
    I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 (4.0.1) using jailbreakme.com. I did this a few days ago and everything was working great, but noticed that randomly, maybe once an hour, my phone reboots (resprings) itself. I decided to restore the iPhone to 4.0.1. I then reapplied the jailbreak and didn't install anything on the jailbroken phone just to make sure it wasn't a jailbroken app causing issues. However, it is still rebooting randomly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Same here!

Take it back to apple, but first restore so you un-void your warrenty
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Take it back to apple, but first restore so you un-void your warrenty
    It didn't do it before the jailbreak!

Did 3g but this makes me not wanna do i4 yet. Still hearing a lot of bugs going on and I wonder is it as slow as the 3g is when trying to do a text?

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    It didn't do it before the jailbreak!
    but there is still something wrong with it, it just doesn't show up until u jailbreak
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Area51, I agree with you... I had absolutely no issues and certainly no random restarts before the jailbreak. After restoring it to 4.0.1 (after inital issue with jailbreak), I did not have any restart issues. When I jailbroke it the 2nd time it started back up. So it doesn't seem to be the phone, but rather something going on with the jailbreak.

I am having the same problem here. No issue prior to jailbreak.