Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringBoard crashed

Default SpringBoard crashed
    I am in safe mode and it says to reboot or restart springboard to go back to normal but it's not working. What should I do?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Have you installed any apps recently?, if so stay in safe mode, go into cydia and remove them, then respring

Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    Have you installed any apps recently?, if so stay in safe mode, go into cydia and remove them, then respring
    No just been trying to get these themes on Winterboard using iPhone Browser.

ive been having the same problem, do you have Activator installed in cydia? please look and let me know

activator won't crash your springboard. you may have downloaded/installed and tried to run a theme that doesn't work. just uninstall any package you have recently installed via cydia then respring. do it one at a time and you will eventually find the one causing the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Aerius View Post
    ive been having the same problem, do you have Activator installed in cydia? please look and let me know
    Yeah, I do. This happened to me after I tried to add these themes I downloaded online. I uninstalled winterboard and then reinstalled and everything is fine. Like the guy above said if you know the exact theme that caused this problem just get rid of that.
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-08-06 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    activator won't crash your springboard. you may have downloaded/installed and tried to run a theme that doesn't work. just uninstall any package you have recently installed via cydia then respring. do it one at a time and you will eventually find the one causing the problem
    After I installed a theme my springboard kept crashing putting me into safe mode. I removed that theme and I still kept crashing. I removed winterboard and still kept crashing. I started going through cydia and as soon as I removed Activator my phone was stable, no more safe mode. I reinstalled Activator and I'm still ok, but now I can not activate facetime.

So as of now, my phone is running ok but I cant activate facetime regardless of what I try. This only happened after installing a new theme.

I will say I did the JB the night it came out and I had to install iphonedelivery to get my mms and facetime but didnt have any issues after that.

I have tried to restore back to factory but for whatever reason every time I try i get a message saying that the update server cannot be contacted. Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

I would just restore. Are you on iOS 4? Use Rock and read some reviews before you install apps that may not be ready for the new OS.