Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Help getting downloaded themes onto WinterBoard

  1. #1
    Default Help getting downloaded themes onto WinterBoard
    I'm trying to use i-FunBox and I cannot figure it out. I have tried winrar and zip files and no luck.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Ifunbox does not allow access to core files.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Ifunbox does not allow access to core files.
    Wow, that's weak. any alternatives?

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Youre the one with the WinSCP problem right? To be perfectly honest, getting WinSCP is your best bet. Its the easiest to set up and use, in my opinion. Ive tried other programs and I couldnt figure them out.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Youre the one with the WinSCP problem right? To be perfectly honest, getting WinSCP is your best bet. Its the easiest to set up and use, in my opinion. Ive tried other programs and I couldnt figure them out.
    Yeah I thought iFunBox was the same as WinSCP but with usb....

  8. #6
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    limitededitioniphone.com/windows-guide-to-using-winscp-with-iphone/

    A guide for setting it up properly. Just be sure your phone is on wifi and your computer is connected to the same internet connection that your phone is connected to.

    Did you change your default password at any point in time? Cuz if you did, and youre trying to enter "alpine" as the password, it wont work.

    If not, try using mobileterminal on your phone to change the password first, then login to WinSCP with the new password.

    How to do this:

    1) download mobileterminal in Cydia

    2) open mobileterminal

    3) type "su" without the quotes

    4) enter default password "alpine" without quotes

    5) enter "passwd" without quotes

    6) enter new password of your choice

    7) re-enter to confirm

    8) Open WinSCP and try again with new password.

    Of course, be sure your OpenSSH is turned on.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-06 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling errors

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    limitededitioniphone.com/windows-guide-to-using-winscp-with-iphone/

    A guide for setting it up properly. Just be sure your phone is on wifi and your computer is connected to the same internet connection that your phone is connected to.

    Did you change your default password at any point in time? Cuz if you did, and youre trying to enter "alpine" as the password, it wont work.

    If not, try using mobileterminal on your phone to change the password first, then login to WinSCP with the new password.

    How to do this:

    1) download mobileterminal in Cydia

    2) open mobileterminal

    3) type "su" without the quotes

    4) enter default password "alpine" without quotes

    5) enter "passwd" without quotes

    6) enter new password of your choice

    7) re-enter to confirm

    8) Open WinSCP and try again with new password.

    Of course, be sure your OpenSSH is turned on.
    Thank you, I think I just figured out my problem. My phone and computer both have a different ip address. I have a netgear and my phone is connected to that and my comp is to the router. My router isn't wireless so I don't think I can connect my phone to it, correct?

  11. #8
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Thats not the problem. Your phone is comnected to your wifi right? They wont have the same ip. They are the same single internet connection.

    Try the password change first if you cant figure anything else out.

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Thats not the problem. Your phone is comnected to your wifi right? They wont have the same ip. They are the same single internet connection.

    Try the password change first if you cant figure anything else out.
    I believe it's my wifi but now that I look at it I'm not sure it says hpset and I don't have a hp Is there a way to check if it's my internet?

    Does disk aid work with this jb and allow access to core files?
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-08-06 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #10
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Um... Do you ever connect to your own wifi connection with like a laptop or something?

    Im not sure I get what youre trying to say.

    My roommate and I have a desktop, two laptops, and two iPhones. They all connect to the desktop broadcasting our wireless connection. We have a router connected to the desktop and a router (linksys) broadcasting the wifi from the desktop. This is the same internet our laptops and iPhones share with the desktop. We named the connection "Ri-Pey" so we know that we are connecting to our own connection wirelessly.

    If you have the same set up, meaning you have a desktop broadcasting the internet connection with a router and your iPhone is connected to the internet broadcasting from your router, then thats correct. Your IP on your iPhone and desktop dont have to be the same to be connected to the same network.

    For instance, my iPhone and her iPhone both connect to Ri-Pey however her IP end in "23" and mine ends in "25" but we are connected on the same internet.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  15. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Um... Do you ever connect to your own wifi connection with like a laptop or something?

    Im not sure I get what youre trying to say.

    My roommate and I have a desktop, two laptops, and two iPhones. They all connect to the desktop broadcasting our wireless connection. We have a router connected to the desktop and a router (linksys) broadcasting the wifi from the desktop. This is the same internet our laptops and iPhones share with the desktop. We named the connection "Ri-Pey" so we know that we are connecting to our own connection wirelessly.

    If you have the same set up, meaning you have a desktop broadcasting the internet connection with a router and your iPhone is connected to the internet broadcasting from your router, then thats correct. Your IP on your iPhone and desktop dont have to be the same to be connected to the same network.

    For instance, my iPhone and her iPhone both connect to Ri-Pey however her IP end in "23" and mine ends in "25" but we are connected on the same internet.
    Okay I see what your saying but I don't have a laptop to test, I think it's my connection though One last question sorry lol, do you know if disk aid works for this jb and does it allow core files?

    Thanks for all your help btw, I really appreciate it. I've been hitting the thanks button alot

  16. #12
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridlington, England
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    iFunbox does allow access to all folders and files, I use it all the time, just gotta have afc2add on your phone

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will13 For This Useful Post:

    i.Annie (2010-08-06), TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  18. #13
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Huh...good to know. Always used WinSCP :P

    Well, there ya go OP haha. Solution
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-06 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  20. #14
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridlington, England
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Well I don't have wifi so I had to use iFunbox, and it wouldn't work for me till I found out about afc2add then it's worked ever since used it last night to put some snes roms on my iPhone

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Will13 For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  22. #15
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    Well I don't have wifi so I had to use iFunbox, and it wouldn't work for me till I found out about afc2add then it's worked ever since used it last night to put some snes roms on my iPhone
    Jealous :P

    I want the psx emulator on my phone so bad but it lags on my 3G so badly. And im not gonna get a 3GS cuz thats $300 and im waiting 3 months for my wirefly contract to expire so i can switch to AT&T and get the iPhone 4

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  24. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    iFunbox does allow access to all folders and files, I use it all the time, just gotta have afc2add on your phone
    I had that cydia app and it still didn't work. I used iPhone Browser and it worked but now my springboard has crashed.

  25. #17
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridlington, England
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    That's wierd, works fine for me

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Will13 For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  27. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Will13 View Post
    That's wierd, works fine for me
    Yeah, I don't know. Did you have the cracked version or was there something special you needed to do to transfer to your iPhone? I just had it plugged in.

  28. #19
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridlington, England
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Jealous :P

    I want the psx emulator on my phone so bad but it lags on my 3G so badly. And im not gonna get a 3GS cuz thats $300 and im waiting 3 months for my wirefly contract to expire so i can switch to AT&T and get the iPhone 4
    I tried playing Tony hawks and it was very slow and laggy, tho a friend of mine said he got his to run fast on his 3Gs

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. Did you have the cracked version or was there something special you needed to do to transfer to your iPhone? I just had it plugged in.
    Nope, afc2add is free, and it's just a tweak, I just installed it then added my neon theme and Roms at the time
    Last edited by Will13; 2010-08-06 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Will13 For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

  30. #20
    Hey just so you know. Yes u can use ifunbox to get to core files. I just used it the other day an it worked fine for me.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to IphoneBuS69 For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-08-06)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •