Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard not changing dock or notification bar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Winterboard not changing dock or notification bar
    Hi guys,

I have recently purchases an iPhone 4 and jailbroke almost straight away.

I had read that winterboard works fine so downloaded it with a few other files.

When I set apple page dots, the standard dots change fine, when I choose anything to do with the dock or notification area I get no change.

Downloaded bite SMS which is cool, tried to change the pink icon using a winterboard theme and no change at all. Also tried transparent dock etc etc,

Can anyone advise??

As far as I know, status bar icons and the dock area are not being altered by WinterBoard on the iPhone 4. Not sure if its device specific or iOS4. Waiting for an update.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Winterboard itself works on the iphone 4 but most themes aren't updated yet.

For bitesms there is a theme (for winterboard) call "bitesms to retina sms icon" which will change your bitesms icon to regualr sms icon. Then you can hide regualar sms with sbsettings are some other utility.

Check out my site for more great apps!

I made some really nice green icons for bitesms. ill be more then happy to share them with you. Heres one of them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    cheers for that buddy :-)

I'll have a look and see what that looks like on my phone. Is it a normal icon or one for the iphone 4's retina display?

Just about to post a new question to try and bring understanding to the difference between a normal icon and a retina icon!

The icon is originally pink for bitesms. And the difference between a normal icon and a retina display icon is the clarity. The image is usually at a high resolution so it looks way better on the iphone 4.