Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 issue overriding Wallpaper/Lockscreen with Themes

Default iPhone 4 issue overriding Wallpaper/Lockscreen with Themes
    Is anyone else having issues having their own custom wallpaper/lockscreen with a theme in place? I had this issue before with previous JBs but it was just theme specific. But I have yet to find a theme that will allow me to override it in Winterboard.

Any suggestions? I am sure I could mod a theme with my own wallpaper/lockscreen but I have yet to try.

Thanks!

Try changing the order in winterboard were your all paper is first meaning movie custome wallpaper to the top os list.

That's the first thing I do when I want to use the theme's icons and other things but my wallpaper. I can't change my WiFi symbol as well. This is the first time that has never worked (Chargers WiFi).

Thanks
    there are two options in cydia user lockbackground 4.0 and user wallpaper 4.0 that are supposed to fix this issue with winterboard but i installed them and it ended up just setting my lockscreen image to my wallpaper (couldnt get two different images to work) even if i had the lockscreen above the wallpaper in the winterboard list. I think there are a lot of loose ends in winterboard with activating various items that still need to be ironed out...

Thanks iBlaze. I downloaded both fixes and I am having the same issues. It enlarged the picture from the lockscreen on my SB wallpaper. It's an improvement. I'm sure a tweak will be released soon. Just glad the JB for iPhone 4 is out

The author for the fix said he may work on an iPhone 3GS/4 version. He also told Saurik about the conflict as well. Hope it gets fixed. BossPref seems to use up the battery.
    Last edited by griff1211; 2010-08-06 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    No problem. Yeah I hope its fixed soon as well in the mean time there's plenty to do on a freshly JB iPhone >=)

I'll keep my eye out though and post back if there's a fix.

The author just wrote me and said he is working on a fix and wants me to test it before he pushes it back out. I will keep you posted.

Worked with Mike. He sent ms several updates and none of them worked. He'll load up a fix to Cydia when he figures it out. Probably a conflict with WB. As you said there is plenty more to do with a newly JB iPhone 4
    Last edited by griff1211; 2010-08-06 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    sweet! great to hear they are already working on a fix... do you know if it will be an update to winterboard or something that works with winterboard?

He talked about it being a conflict with WB. He said he will update his package once the WB conflict is fixed. But if WB is fixed then it should be already built in. Guess we will see.

user wallpaper is in a different location
    You need to go to the User Wallpaper folder in themes and right click wallpaper.jpg and click Edit Link.
    /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg
    is the link
    Then change Wallpaper.jpg to [email protected] (for iphone 4 users)

Same goes for the lock screen theme but it's
    /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/LockBackground.jpg
    I'm not sure about adding the @2x but I imagine you'd have to.

respring or reboot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rest_easy For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    user wallpaper is in a different location
    You need to go to the User Wallpaper folder in themes and right click wallpaper.jpg and click Edit Link.
    /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg
    is the link
    Then change Wallpaper.jpg to [email protected] (for iphone 4 users)

Same goes for the lock screen theme but it's
    /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/LockBackground.jpg
    I'm not sure about adding the @2x but I imagine you'd have to.

respring or reboot.
    Thanks for the info, it worked - Now, any idea on how to get that to work while u have a widget enabled? It disappears every time I use 'user wallpaper'..??

EDIT:
    Nevermind...resolved all issues
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-10-18 at 09:32 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am trying to apply the fix aboave, but I cannot get to "edit link". I use Diskaid on my Mac and also tried iFile.

Any suggestions on how I can do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I installed G.O.C pro, it installed G.O.C pro_UserWallpaper and I also installed User Lock Background 4.0 wallpaper. Move these two to the top, then you will get your own Wallpaper and Background with different themes.

Shouldn't this thread be in the modding section I guess the moderators got tired of rearranging stuffs into the right categories.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-17 at 07:41 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Tried Cyberduck and SSH'd into my phone. I cannot edit Wallpaper.jpg, since it is trying to look for the file that is not there.

Help?