Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 + Jailbreak + Skype Multitasking?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question Iphone 4 + Jailbreak + Skype Multitasking?
    Hi there,

I understand that the reason Skype wouldn't multitask on a jailbroken device was to do with MobileSubstrate? I've just read this twitter update from Saurik:
    Twitter / Jay Freeman (saurik): As many users discovered, ...

So... The mobile Substrate update broke Google Maps correct? Did it also fix the multitasking problem with Skype? And from this tweet, can I assume a update to fix the Google Maps problem has been fixed... allowing both Google Maps to work... and Skype to multitask?

Thanks

Dan

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why doesn't everyone just turn off ios multitasking and do it the JB way with backgrounder. I hate that everything that I open is running in the background with Apple's method. Someone stop me if I'm way off but isn't the JB multitasking way much better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    But does that method allow you to be notified from a different app and on the lock screen when you're recieving a call or chat message?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i tested the call aspect and yes it does allow you to be notified. I would assume the chat would be the same but haven't tested that. My battery is better with IOS multitasking turned off too. If someone know's better or I'm defeating the purpose of some of these apps, please tell me.

just test the text and it works with IOS multitasking as well. This is the way that skype worked even with IOS multitasking so I'd rather background than IOS multitask but just my 2 cents
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-08-05 at 09:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So by using backgrounder, you are able to be notified when on the lock screen when skype is ringing? Is this when you have iOS multitasking turned off then?

I always assumed the backgrounder just kept the entire application running, using battery.

Just going a bit off topic, but this is the only other thing stopping me from jailbreaking. Is there a way to save game progress and app preferences before upgrading to a new iOS version? (by returning to factory settings to upgrade, then jailbreak again).

Thanks

I just found this thread, will this still work for iOS 4.0.1?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...elatively.html
    Last edited by techydan; 2010-08-06 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had someone call me as a test call.

i have native multitasking turned off, and am using backgrounder on my iphone4,

i enabled skype to run in the background, and the call started ringing from the lock screen.

i'll have to test it again, i had the screen on, i'm not sure if it triggers the screen to turn on, or just ring with the screen off...