Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Jailbreak Unstable?

Default Latest Jailbreak Unstable?
    I dont know if its me or what but it seems the latest jailbreak on the iPhone 4 is very unstable. I JB my phone and my wifes. I purchased a few apps like MyWi, My3G, LockInfo and a couple of others. I'm almost afraid to reboot in fear that it will get stuck in an endless reboot. I had to restore a couple of times already. Safe mode pops up now and then randomly. Or at least it seems random. Experienced a few other weird annomolies also. I just rebooted at work and now its stuck again. No iPhone for a whole day!! What will I do?

Anyone else experiencing strange things?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

Nope, mine is working just fine. Haven't had any issues with the JB yet. Sounds like u may have installed some incompatible apps. I know the ones u listed r compatible, check ur others. R u doing clean restores? Without loading everything from ur backups?
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 2010-08-05 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks

sometimes i get a black screen then about a minute later the apple but its still connected to mywi and disk aid...then it reboots

Thanks

The only app that is messing with me is WeatherIcon. Safe mode until I un-install it. Other than that.. all is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    Nope, mine is working just fine. Haven't had any issues with the JB yet. Sounds like u may have installed some incompatible apps. I know the ones u listed r compatible, check ur others. R u doing clean restores? Without loading everything from ur backups?
    I'm gonna do a clean restore tonight and not use a backup. See what happens. I have Notifier and iRealSMS installed also but those seem to be working. I know Notifier had some issues but I read they were ironed out.

Darn! That means I'm gonna have to replay Angry Bird again! LOL!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

No problems here. It's most likely applications not the jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    No problems here. It's most likely applications not the jailbreak.
    You're probably right. I just need to figure out which ones.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having a couple bugs, but nothing that would ever prevent me from doing it again .

My couple issues are:
    No FaceTime (even with My3G)
    Can't reply to e-mails.
    Home button occasionally takes more than one press to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Either 4.0.1 or the new jailbreak is buggy for me. Alot of apps that have 4.0 support just crash when I try to open them. Never did that before. Also, cydia is bein a real ***** too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

nothing here more than any other jailbreaks, just a few very minor things here

My battery is draining faster then before the jb

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    I'm having a couple bugs, but nothing that would ever prevent me from doing it again .

My couple issues are:
    No FaceTime (even with My3G)
    Can't reply to e-mails.
    Home button occasionally takes more than one press to work.
    I hear! I'm doing it up again!

I think the reply to emails would be an issue for me.

My email was acting strange. It wouldnt open some emails. Thats what started my whole dilema.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you guys installing everything you had in the past? Take it easy on the apps till the app devs gets everything updated. I am having no issues, in fact my battery is lasting longer now that I disabled IOS multitasking.

Alright! Re-jailbroke and all is well so far. Not a single safe-mode reboot or respirng. Yet!

I have these apps installed:
    MyWi
    My3G
    iRealSMS
    Status Notifier
    SBSettings
    Five Icon Dock
    Rock App
    PDF Loading Warner
    Signal
    Winterboard

I'm thinking LockInfo with the weather add-on may be a culprit but I believe its iOS4 compatible. Anyone else using LockInfo?

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    in fact my battery is lasting longer now that I disabled IOS multitasking.
    Can I ask why you disabled multitasking? Are you using backgrounder?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2010-08-06 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ Lock info is working GREAT!

LockInfo installing now!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

After jailbreaking I have been in safe mode mode multiple times. I was in safe mode all day yesterday until I remove all apps.
    Several themes are not installing properly. Springjumps causes automatic crash until removed. Fivelrow doesn't work. I am 3GS and asked a cousin with iPhone 4 to install springjumps and it causes his phone to crash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC1995 View Post
    After jailbreaking I have been in safe mode mode multiple times. I was in safe mode all day yesterday until I remove all apps.
    Several themes are not installing properly. Springjumps causes automatic crash until removed. Fivelrow doesn't work. I am 3GS and asked a cousin with iPhone 4 to install springjumps and it causes his phone to crash as well.
    I was thrown into safe mode almost every time at first. I since did a restore and did a fresh set up without restoring from a backup. I have installed several programs and have not had a safe mode experience yet. Very happy so far. Just be cautious with what you install. Check to see if its iOS4 compatible.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

well. after using this my phone stopped charging via USB. stay tuned for updates.